Green Stuff and Assembling larger minis

btannehill

Hey folks. I just bought some REALLY expensive minis (dragon and hydra). Wife took a look at the receipt and announced "90 dollars? You'd better not **** these up."

So, in the spirit of ensuring my continued survival, can anyone provide some tips on assembling these minis, as well as how to use epoxy type stuff to ensure that the seams are invisible and the figure looks like one continuous piece? Thanks!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wife took a look at the receipt and announced "90 dollars? You'd better not **** these up."

This made me laugh out loud. I love that your wife is not so much concerned that you spent $90 on two minis, but rather that you do them right. Epic win.

~v

Edited by Shakandara

There is also Vallejo Model Color Putty. It's somewhat paste like, and works decent enough for filling in small gaps in which would require no detailing. Just slap it in, level it and you are ready to prime.

But, if you need to recreate lost details, such as scales, green or brown stuff is the way to go.

I think you'll find this article from TaleSpinner to be an enormous help. I've read it over a couple times, though I have yet to put it all to use.

Assembling Cinder

This.

I've become pretty fanatical about pinning multi-part figures together (usually using steel paperclip wire), pretty much no matter what the joint looks like ahead of time. And because most of the joints are loaded in single shear, I drive the pins as deep into each side as I can possibly manage. It's only overkill when someone else does it. ::):