Nov-Feb Winter Mini Exchange

cerebro1974

Mine have not yet mailed, but they are done. Waiting for the sealer to dry before mailing them though, so it may not go until Monday. With priority, figs should arrive in the middle of next week.

(On the plus side - finally saw an ENT instead of a GP. Turns out the reason DS was sick so often was because he needs tubes in his ears. He will be taking his first step on the path that will eventually turn him into a cyborg killing machine, and I could not be happier.)

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still have not sent mine out. I've been painting a Blackstar Privateer, and the painting was okay, if slow. But attaching one of the pieces, the ammo box, has given me a huge amount of grief. The first time, while manhandling the ammo belt into place it broke, and I had to reorder the part from Reaper (and also had to pay additional customs charges... ) So I attached the new one, using epoxy resin, a favourite trick of mine since I don't have much success when I try pinning. (The drill skips from the place I want, or it's too small to drill easily, etc. etc.) and left it for about eighteen hours. This is epoxy, so it should have set like concrete. Instead, it separated from the figure practically as soon as I touched it.

Now I've drilled it and tried again with the epoxy. It's not quite in the right place, but I'm calling it good enough. I just hope it will hold this time, seeing as it's for someone else, not me. Anyway, I'm frustrated and pissed off, and it makes me feel like chucking the whole damn thing.

Ishil

Just following up with a couple of e-mails, looks like 3 unshipped so far. For those recipients I will get a mini out to you as quickly as possible, my apologies on any delays from the painters. Once you ship/recieve make sure to post!

Thanks all, once this exchange is fully wrapped I will start another exchange for summer.

This is going in the mail today. The recipient is partial to all things lupine, so I went with the Moor Hound, and painted it as a barghest from the Pathfinder Bestiary. Hope she (the recipient, not the barghest) likes it!

barghest_a.jpg

barghest_b.jpg

barghest_c.jpg

For reference, here's the pic of the beastie from the PF Bestiary:

pfbarghest.jpg

This is going in the mail today. The recipient is partial to all things lupine, so I went with the Moor Hound, and painted it as a barghest from the Pathfinder Bestiary. Hope she (the recipient, not the barghest) likes it!

barghest_a.jpg

barghest_b.jpg

barghest_c.jpg

For reference, here's the pic of the beastie from the PF Bestiary:

pfbarghest.jpg

This is awesome! Can't wait to see it in person. Finally I have a wolf for my collection! I love wolves but have never taken the time to paint one for myself. THANKS!

I am one of the late ones. My sincerest apologies, but RL has gotten in the way, and when sub leaves so do I. I tried to paint underway but the something in the atmosphere doesn't react well with the paint. I'm finishing as soon as I get back home (not sure when if all this stuff in the Middle East keeps up), and I've got a bonus as a consolation gift for my recipient as well. Now I know to wait until I'm on shore duty to commit to one of these again. Again sorry for the delay.

On theother hand I am being tortured because SheWhoMustBeObeyed emailed me to let me know that I received mine and I won't get to see it for a while. So karma is rightfully kicking me square in the butt.

Just finishing up some mini's for those who hadn't recieved on time, my apologies, I picked some detailed buggers and they are taking longer than I planned. I have 2 to finish, all 3 to seal and base and I will get them out ASAP! I will post some pics by the weekend!