Sign in to follow this  
MamaGeek

Halloween Costumes!

These are my kids, in the costumes my mother-in-law made for them by hand.

Rebecca is a princess, and John is a "scary ghost."

post-4823-1288559806074_thumb.jpg

post-4823-12885598069384_thumb.jpg

post-4823-12885598089129_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

CUTE/GOOD LOOKING Kids! The costumes are TERRIFIC! My two youngest probably did the costume thingy again this year, although at 28 & 31, they may just have skipped the trick or treating...may be.

This is what took me so darn long to complete this week! I didn't get to put sleeves on, but it turns out that was fortunate, since I would have roasted when I went out to a club dancing for a friend's 21st birthday. The skirt has an approximately 15 foot circumference - I found that out when I had to take it up by 5 inches so I didn't step on it. If I spin, it makes essentially a perfect circle around my waist.

I got from writing class to the physics library (which includes crossing a street through campus) completely blind folded on Friday. Woot!

Character is Cyradis, the Seeress of Kell.

post-6592-1288585645776_thumb.jpg

post-6592-12885856651705_thumb.jpg

@btannahill - nice job on the face paint! Looks like he made a really cute skeleton!

@Cyradis - lovely job on the costume! Your friend turned 21 on Halloween? Talk about a night of revelry!

---

Yeah, my son decided at the last minute that he did not want to wear the mask in the photo above. He said it was scratchy or something. I ended up putting a pirate hat on him, and letting him carry his toy sword. He told everyone he was a ghost pirate.

They both had a great time trick-or-treating. We're going to be on candy overload at our house for a long while!

BTW, I was intending with my original post to encourage everyone to share their Halloween pics, if you have them. (I probably didn't make that clear.)

@btannahill - nice job on the face paint! Looks like he made a really cute skeleton!

@Cyradis - lovely job on the costume! Your friend turned 21 on Halloween? Talk about a night of revelry!

---

Yeah, my son decided at the last minute that he did not want to wear the mask in the photo above. He said it was scratchy or something. I ended up putting a pirate hat on him, and letting him carry his toy sword. He told everyone he was a ghost pirate.

They both had a great time trick-or-treating. We're going to be on candy overload at our house for a long while!

Her birthday was exactly one week before, and she had a ton of homework that weekend. We celebrated on the Friday before Halloween. Ended up that we went to the club, danced a bit, but the bar was so horribly packed that we drove back home and poured ourselves drinks instead!

Awesome idea for ghost pirate with the little one. mmmm I miss trick or treating!

Ummmm....mamageek...that's my daughter. blink.gif Hard to tell with all the make-up and her hair pulled back so no worries.

Oops! Sorry, I'm used to my girly girl, who would never dress up like a skeleton for Halloween. She has been a Princess for the last 2 years running. If she ever went the "scary" route, it would be something else undeniably feminine, like a witch.

Oh, she's a girly girl for the most part. Loves make up, and her stuffed animals. Her room is pink. We're trying to raise her to be a nerd, 'cause she's gonna be a knockout when she grows up and we want her to scare away the boys with her smarts (or at least attract fellow nerds).

She's been Hermione Granger the past two Halloweens, and her favorite TV show is "Mythbusters", to give you an indication.

She broke her arm in September, and Mom got on the net to get a picture of the area, and drew the bones inside her arm (accurately) with a sharpie. She thought it was cool, and got the idea into her head that she wanted to be a skeleton for Halloween.