The Walking Dead

Chrome

FYI - Spoilers below

So what did you all think of it? I pretty much enjoyed it. I loved how they're really adding character to the characters too. The guy trying to kill his wife was heart-wrenching. So was finding out that the sheriff's wife was alive, but making time with his ex-partner (and best friend?). It leaves open those questions about whether something was going on between the two of them before hand, or did it just happen after the "incident" happened. Do they both think that he died in an attack at the hospital or did they leave him to die or what?

Before it aired, a buddy and I were talking about the show while watching football and I jokingly said that I didn't really get the whole zombies overrun the military schtik that seems to happen in every modern zombie movie. I said really, why don't they just climb in a few tanks and drive up and down the streets, crushing the zombies? I mean they're just (for the most part) dumb, slow, squishy things that walk in a straight line towards the nearest human. Open the top hatch so that they can see someone to chase after, then when they get in the street just run 'em over. Its not like you can't get in and close the hatch before any of them climb up to the top of the tank if they get too close, and none of them are going to hang onto an M-1 doing 45 mph down the street.

So I was laughing my butt off at the end of the show when he climbed into the tank! :lol: :lol: :lol:

(Yet oddly enough, wasn't there a dead guy on top of the tank, besides the one inside? How do you not just close the hatch? :rolleyes: Or better yet, how do dozens of zombies shuffle down a city street covered by (at least) 2 .50 cal's and not get shred to pieces? There would at least have been piles and piles of corpses & skeletons that would have been mowed down.

• Like 1

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was unable to watch the show. However, I do have a comment on zombies overrunning the military. I think most of us give this matter some thought at some point, because it happens in just about every zombie movie, and since the military have tanks and guns, it seems kind of silly at first thought.

However, as a matter of Zombie 101, a big part of every zombie mythos is how the zombiness gets spread. It generally spreads through contact (bite, other wound) or by whatever mysterious, invisible force is causing the dead to come back in the first place, which seems to permeate everything. In most cases, it spreads via both.

What this means is, the enemy has already infiltrated the military's ranks. By that I mean, the first time the military suffers a casualty, either by accident or combat, they have the potential for an enemy to wake up on their side of the line and start biting. Every living soldier is a potential zombie.

Not to mention the fact that zombies don't care if you point guns at them, and just keep on coming. One little slip up, a little bad aim, and that's it.

It's easy to imagine the domino effect there, and zombie screenwriters have imagined it over and over again.

OMFG, I was watching The Soup last night in bed and just about woke up my wife I was laughing so hard during this clip!

http://www.eonline.com/videos/v82455_soup-presents-martha-tackles-zombies.html

Apparently the zombie fearing house wife's family believes that the world will end in 2012, so they spend all of their time preparing to survive the apocalypse, whatever it might be. http://abc.go.com/shows/wife-swap/episode-guide/cathreastewart/424645

Most hilarious part of all of it... apparently they're so sure that the world will end that they've taken out all kinds of no payments 'til 2012 loans thinking that they won't have to pay for any of it! :lol:

• Like 1

Merle is alive, one handed, pissed off and a nasty, vengeful SOB. The panel truck was missing. Suddenly a horde of zombies showed up at the campsite. Inn the previous episode that was the first walker they had seen near their camp.

Doesn't take much to do the math on that one.

There were about 20-30 walkers in that site. I bet that many would pretty much fill up the back of that panel truck.

Merle drives up, rigs the back door with a rope and climbs to the top of the truck and lays flap. Opens the door and releases the walkers into the woods near the camp. Walkers hear the noise, see the light from the fires. Let the buffet begin.

I kept waiting, while the girls were fishing, to have an underwater walker pull on the line, flip the canoe, and drag them into the water.

And weren't you all waiting for the little sister to turn and take a hunk out of her grieving sister.

Continuing the spoilers....

It was kinda obvious that one of the sisters was going to die. They gave them too much camera time this episode trying to show the bond between the two when they'd hardly been on any of the previous episodes.

As for Merle, I bet that he's the one responsible for the zombies finding their camp. He gets the truck, drives around 'til he finds a small group of walkers, and then just leads them to the camp like the carrot in front of the cart. Its too big of a coincidence that that many zombies just wandered across the town at the same time. Especially since they just stand in place or sit down if they don't see anything to chase. A group that size would have never walked all that way into the wilderness on its own.

• Like 1

Spoiler again.............

I figured that is what Merle did, but I had thought it was too many zombies to fit in the back of the truck, myself. And, why would he put his brother at risk? could just be a plot hole, I guess.

Very glad it got picked up for a second season with the full 13 episodes.

Well they don't have to go in the back of the truck. All he has to do is drive 5 mph and stop every minute or two to let them catch up as they walk behind, trying to catch him.

Maybe his plan was to get there far enough ahead to get his brother out, but when he didn't see his brother at the camp, he just stayed hidden?

• Like 1