The Walking Dead

Chrome

Merle is probably going to show up to cause trouble at some point, but I'm not sure I'd pin the zombie onslaught on him.

Granted, I've read the comics, which I'm finding gives you a different perspective on what happens in the TV shows than if you haven't. In the print version large groups of zombies show up pretty regularly, and not always in response to something specific -- this particular attack wouldn't be unusual. So it didn't strike me as needing a special reason for the zombies to show up in camp the way they did. Something like the car traffic in and out of camp might be enough.

Also, I think Merle's a bit more likely to walk into camp after dark with a crowbar and personally go at individuals than to go to the risk and effort of leading zombies back there. He doesn't seem like much of a 'plan ahead and be patient' sort of guy to me.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I think Merle's a bit more likely to walk into camp after dark with a crowbar and personally go at individuals than to go to the risk and effort of leading zombies back there. He doesn't seem like much of a 'plan ahead and be patient' sort of guy to me.

True dat. I hadn't considered that.

Isn't the back of the truck accessible from the cab? Wouldn't Merle get eaten while driving?

Yes, which is why I said he should just lead them along, not actually load them into the truck.

• Like 1

Awesome show, very different direction from the Comics. By the way World War Z by Max Brroks has some good story on how zombies would overcome military personnel. I have read the book (twice) and have the Book on CD as well. It is a logical exercise. Also, the perspective is just this one small group. They have run into other survivors. What it shows is how fragile our communication systems are and how much we depend on them.

I am not a zombie fan. I've watched some and was unimpressed. Walking Dead is great. It is about Zombies about as much as Starship Troopers is about Bugs. (The book, not the silly movie) This show has a lot of potential and I look forward to the characters rebuilding and surviving. The love triangle thing seems a bit "Lifetime" but somehow I find it very interesting. :)