Sign in to follow this  
Heisler

MS High Density Paint?

Fuz: There is a medium-light blue in this set. It's Dragon Blue. It matches the old Pro Paint Dragon Blue. ::): It is not a match for any other MSP colors--in order for these paints to be useful across the board, I made these all different from any existing MSP color. Several of them DO slot into triads quite nicely, though. ::): For example, Sunburn Flesh makes a great additional shadow/base for the Tanned Skin triad.

Thanks, that's good to know.

Got a couple to try out yesterday in my latest mini order.

Picked up Brilliant Red (29802) & Ice Blue (29814). Both look promising. Love the Ice Blue coloring.

Now if I can just sit down & use them!!

Also any idea when the sets will be released?

RM

Hey All,

I like to lurk on the forum but this topic interested me as well as ordering the box set when available. I did notice though that the online store has these listed as Master Series High Denaity paints. You may wish to correct the word to density.

Just an FYI so everyone can find them online.

Also any idea when the sets will be released?

February 21, according to Alliance Games, so you won't have to wait too long. No dates set on the paint sets, though, but there will be two sets with 19 colors for $49.99 each (also according to Alliance's listing).

So to say I've been out of the Reaper info loop for a while is probably an understatement. However I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to fill me in on the new MSP HD paints.

I have the first two or three sets of the MSP and I love them! Earlier this week I was looking to get another caddy case and discovered these are almost impossible to find. I found one on Amazon. I also noticed that the sets with caddies are out of stock in the Reaper store too. Can I assume the sets are going away?

Are the HD paints a completely new line or another flavor in the MSP mix?

Will there be HD triads?

I apologize if there is another thread with this info. I did look but I did not find one granted I'm still trying to learn my way around on this new-to-me board. If there is, a linky would be great! ::):

MS-HD discussion

Think GW Foundation paints & your on the right track.

I've picked up a few colors so far & I like how they are coming out the bottle, seems like a solid (as in great) paint.

One note, the colors cover the black cap quite well (tagging my paints by dropping a bit of paint onto the tips)

RM

Paint sets are most definitely NOT going away. We're a little constrained on the actual plastic box right now, so while they're on order the sets are out of stock.

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but one artist mentioned what color would work well as a base for some colors.

Is there a way to get list of what HD colors are intended as bases or compliments to what MSP triads?

Went to my local store to buy a white or a linen white equivalent , and i was DENIED ... as there is no such color. LOL

was figuring white would have been one of the firsts.

Doh!

Is there a way to get list of what HD colors are intended as bases or compliments to what MSP triads?

Went to my local store to buy a white or a linen white equivalent , and i was DENIED ... as there is no such color. LOL was figuring white would have been one of the firsts.

Doh!

Hi Bumble,

Our normal MSP Pure White has pretty good coverage, so that's one reason we did not create an HD White out of the gate (nor a Black, for the same reason).

We are looking at adding an additional sixteen colors to the line eventually, and we'll work a high-density pigment White and Black into the line at that time, most likely. No timeline on that just yet, though. It's unlikely we'll do a Linen White, because that's covered in MSP and you could get that color (or close) by mixing a little bit of the HD Tusk Ivory with Pure White. ::):

If I ever get a moment to breathe I hope to have time to put together an HD compatibility key, though really most of the colors are pretty basic. Remember that if you are looking to layer up highlights smoothly over an HD base, you'll probably want to mix a little bit of that starting HD color into whatever you are using to highlight. That will make getting a smooth gradient much easier. ::):

Also, take my no-fear color-mixing class at ReaperCon... :;): I'll be working with HD base coats a lot for that.

Just curious but since I have a bunch of them already & I'd still like to get the 2 set exclusive bottles.

Will these 2 bottles be offered at ReaperCon this year??