Sign in to follow this  
Feanor

Assassin and Defensive strikes

Do defensive strikes from assassins negate tough checks?

Our game group decide this was not the intent but I thought I'd bring it up here anyways to double check.

Thanks

Do defensive strikes from assassins negate tough checks?

Our game group decide this was not the intent but I thought I'd bring it up here anyways to double check.

Thanks

Defensive strikes do not count as performing a Fight Action. Your gaming group is wise. ::):

I agree with the ruling as that is how I understood how that SA works, but not in the reasoning. The rules (at least in my book) does not say "... destroys it while performing a Fight Action" (maybe it should?), but does say "... destroys it in a Fight Action". Defensive Strikes occur in a Fight Action, right?

On a tangent, I disagree with the clarification that a model destroyed by an assassin still gets to make Defensive Strikes against any other model it is in B2B with, but that's my way of thinking the SA should work as it sort of forces the assassin to work alone among its Troop and Army.

On a tangent, I disagree with the clarification that a model destroyed by an assassin still gets to make Defensive Strikes against any other model it is in B2B with, but that's my way of thinking the SA should work as it sort of forces the assassin to work alone among its Troop and Army.

The idea here is that the assassin is behind the model, and while the model is bleeding out, it could still swing wildly at whomever is in front of it. That was my reasoning anyway. ::):