Sign in to follow this  
Warwick

Lost? Or never purchased?

I know I bought a Merc Dark Dwarf Sarge. I can see it in my hand at the gameshop. So why can't I find it anywhere?! Granted, the gameroom is a little disorganized, and the kid might have placed him in the laundry or some crazy place. Worse, he might be mixed in with GW dwarves! Do I buy another one? Do I panic and clean the gameroom? Have I gone crazy and never bought him in the first place?

I know I bought a Merc Dark Dwarf Sarge. I can see it in my hand at the gameshop. So why can't I find it anywhere?! Granted, the gameroom is a little disorganized, and the kid might have placed him in the laundry or some crazy place. Worse, he might be mixed in with GW dwarves! Do I buy another one? Do I panic and clean the gameroom? Have I gone crazy and never bought him in the first place?

Exit panic mode. Clean the gameroom, calmly. Put MDDS on a list titled: Things I'd Like To Find. Enjoy :bday: finding three other things you didn't even know you had as you commit 'Random Acts of Tidiness[TM]' throughout your gameroom.

Occasionally something you thought you bought doesn't make it all the way home. Maybe it didn't make it to the counter in the shop. It could be in the car if it fell out of the bag. It could be at the shop if they accidentally left it out of your bag.

One thing I like to do is use a checklist for the figures I've bought. I use a spreadsheet. Then I check against it before I buy anything "new." I still end up with duplicates, but rarely. Even if I can't locate a certain figure, I know I have it somewhere.

Buy another. You make it to Reaper from time to time; melt the duplicate if you ever find it. At least you didn't lose a *painted* model. :;):

~v

Sounds like YET ANOTHER tragic case of Imminent Senility to moi...I do that often. My biggy is buying that Oh-So-Cool mini I spy at the hobby store only to find that it's the same Oh-So-Cool mini I bought a couple of weeks ago.

Your best bet is to clean the games room; not only will you probably solve the "did I or didn't I" question, I bet you'll find a slew of really cool things you forgot you had.

Exit panic mode. Clean the gameroom, calmly.

I really don't think the situation has gotten drastic enough to warrant cleaning!

For the record I did advise calm. (It is only one figure.) The OP was the one who first mentioned panic.

On the other hand I recently did some clearing in a laundry room and found an entire Empire Army. (OK, it was a Warmaster army, but still . . .)

Cleaning can be like going shopping (you get stuff :bday: ) only you don't spend money ( :rock: ) it can appease the spouse or S/O (if there is one) the only downside is angry dust-bunnies. (But I have sinus problems; perhaps Warwick is immune.)

Exit panic mode. Clean the gameroom, calmly.

I really don't think the situation has gotten drastic enough to warrant cleaning!

Exactly. Just shell out another four bucks and live in peace in your clutter.

Found him! Thunganir and Ado Salint in a plastic bag behind a dragon painting. Orba is not happy with them. They get to lead the next merc charge for their desertion.

Buy another. You make it to Reaper from time to time; melt the duplicate if you ever find it. At least you didn't lose a *painted* model. :;):

~v

lqtm

Found him! Thunganir and Ado Salint in a plastic bag behind a dragon painting. Orba is not happy with them. They get to lead the next merc charge for their desertion.

But you said you only lost one. This can mean only one thing, he went on a Recruiting campaign.

Welcome to the world of miniatures addiction. Hi, my name is Josh. :bday:

Hi Josh! :lol:

When the wife and I moved into our house almost two years ago now (wow, time flies :blink:), I spent a lot of time going through my tubs o' crap. I discovered I had some really old coffee tin with some styrofoam in it. Really? What is that? I open it open and discover I own a Necromunda gang. I know that isn't Warlord, but I have no recollection AT ALL of how I came to own this gang. So yeah, you can find nice treasures when you least expect them. ::):

Wild Bill :blues: