Jump to content

haldir

Pathfinder pbp: Howl of the Carrion King

Recommended Posts

During the journey, Na'im kept to himself. When work was required of him, he did it quickly and efficiently and never seemed to tire. Once finished he would return to either the camel he was riding or a secluded corner of the campsite. If people approached him, he would not be rude, but it was clear, he did not necessarily want much for company. Several nights during the journey he cried out in his sleep and those mornings he often woke with a haunted and pained expression on his face. He wears light robes designed for desert travel and is at ease in even the harshest sun. If people persisted in trying to engage him, depending on their tact, he would either grudgingly join in, and one would find once he relaxed and let down his guard he was a good natured kid, or he would become very abrasive to drive the individual away. One particularly persistant traveller who thought to harass the withdrawn boy still swears his eyes began to glow blue when he started to torment the boy after a night of particularly difficult nightmares. Most of the others have dismissed the story, thinking the man clearly in his cups.

 

Upon arriving at the blaze, Na'im slides off his camel and ties it to one of the caravan wagons. Calmy he walks towards the burning wagon, almost oblivious to the roiling flames. The air around him seems to crackle with static as he raises a finger and begins to fire bolt after bolt of supercooled air and water into the base of the flames.

 

Casually turning to the old man tending the wounded he calls over, "Is there anyone else in here? Is there anything in there worth saving?"

 

[OOC] Hoping the cold and moisture created by Ray of Frost will work to help contain the blaze. If it seems less effective than the bucket brigade, then he will discontinue and start hauling sand or water.[/OOC]

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[OOC] Replacement post for my earlier introduction, as I rewrote Sha'kin's background fairly thoroughly. [/OOC]

 

Sha'kin was accompanied Garavel from before any of you joined the caravan. His features are clearly Kelish, and he moves about in the desert very naturally; anyone familiar with the region suspects he may have some badawi (desert nomad) heritage. He is dressed in loose white clothing, which is accented by a red fez. Though he wears a cheap pair of sandals while the caravan is on the move, they are conspicuously absent when in camp. He carries a small bundle of gear, which clearly includes a sword of some kind, but you haven't seen him actually wear the sword, or, for that matter, any armor.

 

Socially, he seems out of place, generally not speaking unless spoken to and giving only simple, straightforward replies. He spends much of his free time wandering around the campsite, often without any apparent purpose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[ooc]

As I point my spear at the tree, I will cast all water based spells I have in order to save the tree. UNLESS it is past the point of being saved.

If it is past saving, I will start assisting the other spell caster using water to save the caravan.

[/ooc]

 

Start moving towards the caravan to interpose myself & my spells to help out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sha'kin

 

You manage to shoo/divert a stubborn camel back into the pen, there are more animals running about. You notice the old man is looking around the area while he is trying to get the animals in. He occasionally cries out "Rombard! Rombard!".

 

Dru

 

You take your place in the water brigade. The fire isn't spreading but it taking awhile to put out.

 

Ranieer

 

Magical energies erupt for your fingers. While the energies are not new to you, the sensation you feel as it escapes your body still takes a bit of getting use to. Your spell causes the fire on the Sultan's Claw to extinguish.

 

Yuko-san

 

You say something in the air like your talking to someone near you & a magical force comes forth & grabs a pail from a startled guard. The wide-eyed guard watches the bucket moves up into the air & towards the fire. A shout from a fellow guard wakes the man from his stupor & he continues his part in the bucket brigade.

 

The unseen servant throws the water into the flames, the fire hisses as the water quenches the flames. (sorry about that :blush:)

 

Na'im

 

You survey the area & see that the wagon is the most important thing to tend to. You call over to the old man tending the wounded, he appears to be administering a vial of liquid, most likely a potion of some sorts to the injured man "No!" he shouts back to you. He lets the person consume the potion & then moves to the other wounded solider. You aim the spell into the heart of the fire, or at least the part that is mostly burning. The spell chills the air around your hand & sprays the flame. There is a hiss as cold & heat meet, the magical cold chills the flames & coats the area with a icy frost. The flames have been extinguished!!! The camp cheers!

Updated "to do list"

Gypsy like wagon is engulfed in flames, burning badly.

Animals are frightened & are out of their pen. Update: There are multiple animals that are out of the pen.

 

Vital Supply wagon too close to the burning wagon

Sultan's Claw (the tree) is on fire. Potential for spreading the fire more throughout the camp, but not a priority, at least compared to the burning wagon.

 

There are 2 people, a man & woman lying down on the ground, there is old man kneeling down tending to 1 of them, the man. Both are in pain due to being burned by blazing wagon. You do see the woman appears to be dying from her wounds, but the old man is busy with the man trying to stabilize him. Update: The man appears that he is gonna make it but your not sure about the woman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will move to the wounded and try something I have never done before. I kneel down to the more visually wounded person, place my left hand over their wounded area and point my spear into the air. "By my burning passion, heal these wounds."

 

[OOC]

If the burst healing effect can be used - I will.

If not, then one at a time until I'm out of spells or out of people to heal

[\OOC]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ranieer

 

With the danger of the flames passed or at least the major items that were on fire out, you move quickly towards the 2 wounded guards. You see they are both burned badly, epically around their arms & face. There is a male & female. The male appears to be recovering due to the potion. The old man tries to feed the other potion down the female's throat but she appears to be unconscious & the liquid just dribbles down the sides of her mouth.

 

The man shouts

 

"Come on Alzubra, by Nethys, take the potion!"

 

He looks up & sees you move towards her, you place your hand on her & shout. You feel the healing energies flow through your body, & then through the injured woman, suddenly she her eyes open & she jerks a little bit as the burns begin to heal. She sees you & whispers a "Thank you."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Na'im surveys the area and sees that most of the problems have been resolved with the exception of the animals that have bolted.

 

If they think I am going to do the work of some miserable shepherd or stableboy they are sorely mistaken, he thinks to himself.

 

Na'im slowly approaches the old man by the animal enclosure, mops his brow and sighs. "Grandfather, I truly wish to aid you in recovering such fine beasts, but I fear my efforts stifling the blaze have robbed me of my vigor. Is there anything else that may require assistance?"

 

[OOC: Bluff d20 + 8 = 22. Yeah, he's that much of a prick sometimes. He's gonna lie to the old man.]

Edited by Qwyksilver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I (Dru) check on my horse. If he is fine, I mount and use him to round up and corral the missing animals.

 

(Handle animal, 17 + 5 = 22)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dru

 

You leap onto your horse & round up 5 sheep that were together away from the fire!

 

There appears to be about 6 more animals still loose (2 cows, a couple of goats & a very scared sheep).

 

Na'im

 

As you move toward the the old man you hear him calling out "Rombard! Rombard! Where are you fella? ". He sees you & says "Rombard, he is a smart little fella for a goat. I trained him myself. I think the fire may have scared him off. "

 

After a bit he says,

 

"Thank you for your help stranger, but I'm sure we have enough people to round up the remaining animals. After your work with the fire, rest."

 

Your con seems to have convinced the old man. As he walks away he keeps shouting

 

"Rombard! Rombard! Where you at boy?" He also does various noises (like you were calling a animal back to you)

 

 

After awhile the guardsman & other people of the camp are able to round up the loose animals. Thou Rombard is no where to be found.

 

Tasks are all complete.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing little more I am needed for at this time, I set myself to riding patrol around the distracted camp, in the case that the fire has attracted unwanted attention.

 

(Dru's Perception check: 11 + 0 = 11

Horse's Perception check: 19 + 8 = 27)

 

(OOC: I need to put some ranks into Perception; I feel like Belkar in the OOTS)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Na'im returns to his mount and checks to ensure it is properly secured and removes his personal effects before finding a quiet spot in some shade to wait for whatever work Garavel decides to burden him with next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Raineer is going to sit back and take stock in the scene as a whole now.

 

I ask the people in the group in general, "How are we all doing? Is there anyone else who needs help?" If no one needs help then I will listen for a couple minutes to see if I will be missed for a few minutes.

 

It seems that the camp is returning to as normal a state as can be expected with the events so far. He will look at the companions he has traveled with up until the caravan and see how they are faring. If everyone is in good shape I will return to my camel and assess my items. Drink some water

and grab a little food. Inspect my spear, make sure the edge is in good order - and if it isn't, put a good edge on it. Return to the largest gathering of our "group."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While the fires have been put out, the various members of Almah's group introduce themselves to everyone that helped them.

 

To everyone that helped in gathering the animals up, the old man introduces himself as Hadrod & his wife, Hadrah to you. "He thanks the party for help in returning the animals back into the pen. He says while there is enough food, it is nice to have them just in case. You can still see that lost of his favorite goat, Rombard is weighing on his mind.

 

The old cleric, Zastoran, introduces himself to you, Raineer. He thanks you for healing the wounded. You can see the man woships Nethys, god of magic. The wounded solider introduces herself as Alzubra & thanks you for saving her life.

 

As the camp returns to the normal you see the beautiful woman Almah command the soliders to make sure the fires are out for good. She does tell everyone to try & conserve water thou, if flames can be snuffed with dirt or something else, then to use that method instead. As she surveys the camp she chats with Gravel about something. She disappears into the largest tent afterward.

 

As the woman turns to leave, Gravel comes to attention & turns around & walks toward the group. When he reaches the group he says, "Almah, wishes to thank everyone for the help in the putting out the fire & also for conserving the supplies in doing so quickly. She also wishes to convene with everyone in the main tent as soon as possible."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×