Sign in to follow this  
Yukon Cornelius

The Time Is Now! (a humble plea)

I know, jr665. I will, again, remind Kit to get these up. If I could post them I would but I do not have access to that part of the website.

The one thing I'll say is you can always learn about painting. I know that is frustrating to hear but it is an option. Strangely enough the painting community here is one of the best places to learn about painting. Then you will never be tied to PPM release schedules and you'll have access to the coolest figures immediately. FYI WOTC new board games are using their PPM molds, so you could paint those.

That's crazy talk! :poke:

I work 2 jobs and have hobby night with my wife, I suck at painting and it takes forever. I'll hold out for PPMs.

Can't say I blame you. If I wasn't a veteran painter I'd go the PPM route myself. And honestly, I like to have some PPM even as a painter. It's stuff you can chuck in a bag quick and not worry about dinging or breaking. And it is nicer to have painted stuff on the table versus nude metal and let's face it, there's lots of naked metal out there.

Ditto. The plastic can take more abuse, I want to play with my minis, not leave em on a shelf. I know the metal stuff looks much better, but I'm clumsy and happy with the basic paint jobs (just not terrible ones, like some DDMs we've gotten varied in quality) that you get with PPMs.

My hobby night is spent working on worldworks stuff, building a ship right now. :)

Ditto. The plastic can take more abuse, I want to play with my minis, not leave em on a shelf. I know the metal stuff looks much better, but I'm clumsy and happy with the basic paint jobs (just not terrible ones, like some DDMs we've gotten varied in quality) that you get with PPMs.

My hobby night is spent working on worldworks stuff, building a ship right now. :)

See I have minis that are for shelf purposes. Things that I take to shows with me but otherwise I don't even have a huge collection of my own work. I sell it all or these days just don't have time to paint for myself. And people make fun of me because I'm a painter and usually don't even play with painted minis but I just don't have time. Between running the commission business I've got going 30 hours a week and working 35-40 hours at Reaper, I can't even sit down for a couple of hours to work on my own stuff. So PPM are a good option. Plus I feel a bit attached to stuff I paint and many people are rough with minis. I'd rather have a mini on the table that I'm not going to flinch at when someone picks it up by the mini instead of the base (rubbing the paint off in the process).

And Reaper does have some pretty nice PPM minis. ::):

hope) The new gnoll (not as good, IMO, but id still love to have it,) was supposedly available january 2011, and its now march. Now it MIGHT be released in April.

I can confirm that it WILL be released in April. The product in in hand and merely awaiting shipment to distribution, in April, as announced.

I got my first LE in the mail last night (been waiting 3 weeks for it to get in). I have 1 leany skellie, but otherwise they look marvelous! Except those narrow misshappened bases.

;)

I got my first LE in the mail last night (been waiting 3 weeks for it to get in). I have 1 leany skellie, but otherwise they look marvelous! Except those narrow misshappened bases.

;)

You can fix the lean. Hot to boiling water, reposition, dip in ice water while holding the reposition. Done!

The one thing I'll say is you can always learn about painting. I know that is frustrating to hear but it is an option. Strangely enough the painting community here is one of the best places to learn about painting. Then you will never be tied to PPM release schedules and you'll have access to the coolest figures immediately. FYI WOTC new board games are using their PPM molds, so you could paint those.

I do paint. I just prefer the medium of my canvas to be plastic. I have painted many DDM's and even some Reaper PPMs. The reasons I like plastic is, as others have mentioned, it is more durable. But the main reason I like plastics is because it's way easier to make modifications to the minis.

I even had a thread here showing some things I did off:

http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?/topic/34502-as-long-as-we-are-waiting/page__pid__500829__st__0entry500829

Halber