Skeletal Hip Replacement

Onibubu

I'm trying to build a miniature for an avatar of Urgathoa, Pathfinder's goddess of undeath. Her upper body is well-formed and curvy, but below the waist, she's nothing but gory bones. The visual is predictably gross and probably NSFW.

I've already got the perfect torso (Also NSFW). The challenge is finding a skeleton whose lower body matches.

I'm not going for anatomical correctness, but since this is an important piece I do want something proportionate. Most of the skeleton minis I've found wouldn't work; the trickiest part is the pelvis, which needs to be wide enough to look feminine. As well, I'd rather have legs that are delicate over those that are stable, as I plan on supporting the model from behind with a bit of scenery. Can anyone think of a skeleton that would fit these restrictions?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm... that's a tough one. Though I do not own that particular model (Taxxis), I do own quite a bit of Hasslefree otherwise, and Kev definitely likes to sculpt them in small scale. There are definitely "delicate" skeletons in Reaper's line (start here: http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/necropolis), but they're likely all disproportionate to the conversion you're attempting. Too big.

Kev works in something closer to the old Ral Partha scale. To that end, I did a search on eBay for Ral Partha skeletons, and quite a bit came up.

Hmmm... that's a tough one. Though I do not own that particular model (Taxxis), I do own quite a bit of Hasslefree otherwise, and Kev definitely likes to sculpt them in small scale. There are definitely "delicate" skeletons in Reaper's line (start here: http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/necropolis), but they're likely all disproportionate to the conversion you're attempting. Too big.

It might not be too bad if it's only a little too big. No reason an evil goddess can't be leggy. I'm looking at this at the moment; there are other sculpts, but I can't tell the difference with only the one image.

Kev works in something closer to the old Ral Partha scale. To that end, I did a search on eBay for Ral Partha skeletons, and quite a bit came up.

Took a while to find a Ral Partha skeleton with a naked posterior, but there are indeed a few options. I think I'll see if the skeleton above isn't too big first, though.

http://www.reapermini.com/pages/figure_finder_image.php?sku=03481_w_1.jpgℑ=3

The middle and right-hand skeleton look like they might not be too big and there are no cloaks, belts or equipment in the way. SKU is 03481.

Nice, but definitely not for this conversion--the hips are kind of wonky.

Hmmm. Not being familiar with the figure from Hasslefree, I wonder if in this case plastic (which can be injection molded thinner than spin-cast metal) may fill your requirements?

The Games Workshop Vampire Counts Skeleton Warriors box set (from which you can usually find broken up as bits on ebay and the like) has one set of legs that might fit the bill:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?categoryId=400027&aId=4300015

Being plastic, it should be fairly straightforward to reposition the legs into whatever pose suits you. Even the "back foot" which is bent, might be able to be repositioned into something more suitable to a feminine pose (since you're using a support on the base anyway).