Sign in to follow this  
Stubbdog

Reptus vs Sisterhood

It has been a long while since I played my first faction, the Reptus. So, I decided for my game night last week I would surprise everyone and bring back the scaley goodness to wreak havoc on those unsuspecting..

My list:

Reptus - 999 points - Using the Outcast Doctrine to gain the Rush attack and deflect.

Troop 1

Po Wi-Set - Familiar

Pakpao, Clutchling Caster - Familiar

Ssudai, Nagendra Mystic

T'Kay, Reptus Cleric

Nagendra Venomspitter x 9

Troop 2

Couatl x 5

Troop 3

Crymorian Warrior x 3

Troop 4

Nakaraat, Hydra

Extra

Luck Stone

My opponent for the evening turned out to be the Sisterhood and his list was something similar to:

Sisterhood - 999 points - Using the doctrine that gain them tons of luck stones and iniative cards for my spies.

Troop 1

Joeliyn, Leader of the Blade - Armor of Mettle

Lorielle Silverrain - Magic Ranged Weapon

Argent Knight x 2

Angelic Warrior x 2

Troop 2

Callindra Silverspell - Magic Ranged Weapon, Silver Arrows

Siellendria, Spell Sister

Blade Warden x 5

Troop 3

Kassandra of the Blade

Shadow Sister x 4

Troop 4

Marda of the Blade

Chain Sister x 4

Extra

Luck Stone

The terrain for our match was an old ruins that had been overgrown with jungly features after years of decline. The table saw lots of trees, some ruined buildings, a single murky central pond, and a large hill 2/3 of the way on my opponents side of the table. The hill favored him and his two archers, but overall the forest favored me and my needing to get up close.

With the trees the way they were, and the fact that my opponent was going to have to use his first turn just to move onto that hill to see me, I had nothing keeping me from lining up my models along the front line of my deployment zone, something that I normally would not do when facing off against the potent combination of Callindra and Lorielle (and their barrage toting spellcasters).

We both make a few ranger moves, I start my harrassment squad of coautl off towards that hill, while my opponent skulks his shadowsisters thru the trees towards me.

I decided that I would not let the Sisterhood faction ability related to my spies be my own downfall, so I burn both of my spies right on the first turn against my own card flips. I love having spy later in the game, but not with that FA in affect. So, as expected, he moves his second troop up the hill on the left flank. He actually hangs Callindra and the caster back just a little behind the wall of wardens. He did not "circle the wagons" with the rest of his force, but rather kept his line with his team of disablers on the right flank where they were across from my Hydra. But, since i forced him to go first by spying myself, I was able to use the Hydras speed to move him back to the center on my move, to buy an extra turn of foresty movement from his chain ladies.

My last move of the first turn was to send in the harrassers. I took advantage of my FA giving me rush attack, along with the Coautl's hover SA and went right past the pikey wardens and straight to Callindra and Selliendra. Swarmed them and with support (and going ahead and using my luck stone right off) I was able to kill both. Phew... that was huge for me, both tactically as well as psychologically. That one success really threw my opponent off his game for the rest of the game.

On the second turn, I had the first 2 activations I think. I double moved my familiars up and tossed a firestorm and toxic cloud amongst his ranks. Burning up half of his shadow sisters and poisoning a few of his chainlinks. My spitters moved up and got a couple of hits with their poison shots. And with the Warlord Ability taking affect he had to take those rolls right then.. with his luck stones he was able to shrug off most of the poisons.

Lorielle plunked one of my flyers and the streaked towards another one. Everyone else just moved tactically

Third turn. I cant remember initiative, I just remember this was the ugly turn. He successfully charged the Hydra with a half dozen models but only managed 2 points on it (at this point most of his luck stones were gone and he hadnt been able to earn more yet). And one of his angels took out Ssudai before he was able to do anything (bad positioning on my part). Lorielle got off a good shot on my Warlord hitting him for two points. But, that was about it... another fireball and all of the attackers around the hydra were gone. Tkay blessed the troop, and the spitters went to town. Poison shotting half the board, getting single hits and then him failing the poison checks. One of my flyers and one angel traded death for death, while my spitters took out the other one that had landed to get the mage. At the end of turn 3, I think the sisters only had about 220 or so points left on the table, almost all of which was battered and bruised in one way or another. Meanwhile, I still had about 750 or so relatively untouched, including my now more powerful hydra (he gets more powerful as he gets hurt) was wearing a fresh coat of Iron Skin Damage Reduction 2 pelt.

So, we went ahead and called the game.

It is not often that any of our games at the shop get that kind of smack down. Most come down to the last few models. But, I admit, since I had not played with my scaley friends in so long, it did make me smile a little on the inside to see them stand up to the Savage North Ladies of terror...

Sounds like a sweet battle! I'm always too afraid to do anything with my Dwarves beyond make a square, insult the enemy Warlord, and slog it out in melee, so very few of my games are so decisive. But I like what you did with the Coatls and with your casters. Pretty devastating, and even if he did use Luck Tokens to shrug off much of the poison, those are Luck Tokens that are not being used to kill your guys, so it's not a total loss.

When I was learning the game my buddy played Reptus, so I have a healthy respect for the power of that faction. I agree that it's good to hear a battle report of them kicking butt and taking names!

Of course the Reptus won the game. The alternate name we were bandying about during the creation of Warlord 2nd Edition for them was "The Uber-Broken-Cheeziest Lizardman Army Ever". :devil: But, we stuck with Reptus because it had a better flow to it. :lol:

Well, that is only valid on a single model.. I take full responsibility on messing that one up. But, I very rarely use that model just because of that.