Why is this figure so expensive

Beowulfthehunter

I never bash Reaper prices, infact the reason 70% of my mini purchases come from reaper is due to thier cheap prices, but I am curious why this figure

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/03498/latest/03498 which appears to be the standard 25/28mm Heroic Fantasy is in the realm of GW prices? Thanks as I am wanting to pick him up for a Deva Avenger.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would agree with you that most of Reaper's minis are very reasonably priced. HOWEVER, every so often as I wander through the catalog leaving a trail of drool behind me, I'll hit a mini (usually one I'd kill for) that is way out of line...I think of these a "dry spot minis". At $10.99 I think I'd pass on that sucker. :wacko:

Really good question. I'll be sure to get that cleared up.

RIGHT ON, Kit! One doesn't get that kind of response from a certain-not-to-be named monolithic British mini maker. :rolleyes:

While we're on the subject is $17.99 the correct price for 60051 Pactmaster of Katapesh; if so, how big is it?

AND, lest this all be a negative post, 60052 Almah, Merchant Princess is a GREAT MINI, well worth the price ($4.99).

60052_w_1.jpg

All in all there are some fine minis in the new releases. Being mindful of the proximity of the keyboard, you may take a bow.

[snip]. . . While we're on the subject is $17.99 the correct price for 60051 Pactmaster of Katapesh; if so, how big is it?

AND, lest this all be a negative post, 60052 Almah, Merchant Princess is a GREAT MINI, well worth the price ($4.99). . . [snip]

The Pactmaster is close on 2 inches tall; that's got to be a 40mm base he's standing on. You can tell from the Bryangles[TM] which are the little wedge shaped things along the edges. Below they are roughly the same size (Princess has been scrunched a bit and mirrored to line up the Bryangles):

post-4822-12899251251697.jpg

Funny after reading the Legacy of Fire AP (which I have going pbp in the Playing section), I've come to a conclusion that Almah should have been Haleen. While of course Almah is the main npc in the adventure, Haleen is your fighter type.

The cover pic/the mini just fit her better then Almah. Eh, no worries great figure all around, whoever it should be.

I was kinda stumped on the Pactmaster mini myself, epically after the price was higher then a normal 'human-sized figure', but after reading about the Pactmasters & then realizing the base was 40mm base, understandable why it's priced higher.

Have we cleared up the matter of the actual price of 03498: Reeve the Pious? In the store, he still says he's more than $10, but other suppliers have his list price at $4.99. Likewise, the dust scorpions are $6.99 in the store, but another supplier has them at $3.99 list (and a lot less than that on sale).

There are things I'd like to buy, but I don't feel right buying them from anybody until Reaper can get straight on the pricing in the store. I really want those scorpions, but I can't tell if the price I'm seeing elsewhere is just for one. It's the same product number.

Edit: Other suppliers also seem iffy on the Pactmaster suggested retail.

• Super Administrators

The prices are correct. When we solicited Reeve, we had an expectation of its size, but without having it in hand, we had to guess on the price. Once he finally came in, we was a much heftier chunk of metal than we expected. Since we base our price on the actual weight of the model, that extra heft means a higher price.

The prices are correct. When we solicited Reeve, we had an expectation of its size, but without having it in hand, we had to guess on the price. Once he finally came in, we was a much heftier chunk of metal than we expected. Since we base our price on the actual weight of the model, that extra heft means a higher price.

What?!? You guys actually base your pricing on reality?!? The nerve! NERVE, I say! :lol: