Your Highness trailer

haldir

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully all the swearing won't seem as face-slapping obvious in-context as it does in the trailer, but it looks like a lot of fun anyway. Anything with a minotaur and Natalie Portman has to be worth the watching!

The rest of the cast are all faves of mine, too (James, Zooey, etc.).

Thanks for hipping us to this.

As an academic, I generally don't care for anachronistic langauge in movies, but my sides hurt after watching that one (LMAO)! I don't go to the movies that often any more (that's why they invented cable and DVDs), but combine Natalie Portman and Zooey Deschanel in what could be the most entertaining movie of 2011 and I am there baby! I could do without James Franco, but you take the good with the bad.

Hopefully all the swearing won't seem as face-slapping obvious in-context as it does in the trailer, but it looks like a lot of fun anyway.

Oh I totally agree with that one, epically the comment after the hyrda-thing pops up out of the sand. I know those words have been utter allot!!

Honestly the swearing does not bother me as it is close to every D&D campaign I have ever been in such as the line "With magic motherf**ker" has been uttered at most tables. Franco and Danny MacBride where great in pinnapple express.

I have the dirtiest mouth in the world. The swearing itself doesn't bother me. But I prefer anachronistic swearing in films like this to be subtle and well-timed. The comic gag of out-of-place swearing got boring and obvious for me back when I was five years old and they took me to see the original Bad News Bears for the second time.

I've never held a D&D game that wasn't jam packed with double entendres and curses that would make a sailor blush. I don't think such a game exists. Or at least, has lasted more than twenty minutes before devolving.

My D&D game has generic cursing, present but not extreme, but we tend to make innuendo out of anything. Hazard of being in college, I suppose.

Our paladin avoids damage by bouncing the opponent's weapons off of her amazing metallic breasts, haha.

Movie looks fun ::):

My D&D game has generic cursing, present but not extreme, but we tend to make innuendo out of anything. Hazard of being in college, I suppose.

Hazard of being smart and a gamer, really. Innuendo is another big part of every game I've ever played, from when I was a teenager, right through college, and even now that I'm 40.

Our paladin avoids damage by bouncing the opponent's weapons off of her amazing metallic breasts, haha.

My wife uses her characters' assets in similar ways. But what she really seems to revel in, is a certain sharp-edged revenge against male NPCs/monsters that really hurt her character, the specifics of which need not be spoken aloud. Let's just say that particular procedure would be much more merciful with a vorpal.