Metal Saving Suggestion

TaleSpinner

OK, I just got my first pack of Advanced Sculpting Dollies. They are really sweet and I look forward to working with them. However, they also came with 4 loose broccoli bases in the pack. :blink:

Um...why? Seriously, if one can handle sculpting on an advanced dolly, why would they need a precast broccoli base that would take about 2 minutes to sculpt? Seems like a waste of tin to me (and they will likely be going straight to the scrap pile).

Personally, I'd prefer it if you would reduce the cost of the dollies or throw a couple more dollies into the pack.

I just thought this was strange and thought I'd comment. If there is a reason for these here, I'm really curious to hear it.

Andy

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I took a sculpting class about two Reaper Cons ago. I think it was with Bobby Jackson — 90% sure. Anyway, experimentation occurred (and was encouraged). Turns out:

Blob of Greenstuff (attacked with) + Hook Side of a Velcro[TM] Swatch = Broccoli Base. Who knew?

I haven't used the dollies, but it would seem to make sense to not include broccoli bases. The broccoli bases are great for the DHL line stuff for a simple setting, but there really shouldn't be a need in the custom designing packs.

Neat way to make them though, with the velcro

Couldn't they be including the bases just so that they have some sort of base? I realize you can make your own, but that doesn't mean everyone wants too, some may want to just throw a generic, uncomplicated base. I don't know, I guess they think they will piss off more people by not including a base than by including one.

Just guessing.