Sign in to follow this  
Vaitalla

ReaperCon Classes!

Ah! No!!!!! I was expecting it to be earlier in May . . . I'm getting married that weekend.

wub.gifwub.gif OK, I am not seeing the problem then. dry.gif Wednesday night Meet and Greet/rehersal dinner. ik_birthday.gif I am certain that someone would sculpt and paint your cake topper. cool.gif And what better honeymoon would a miniatures painter want. laugh.gif

Are there going to be one-on-one classes again this year?

:mellow: ...according to Ann: Yes.

(See her last two sentences ~about five posts up, this thread...)

Thanks. Sometimes I'm just too lazy...

The schedule will be completely finished (!!) by January 1st. At that point I will send it out to the instructors for final approval and get it up on the boards for y'all to peruse and plan. ::): I figured five months should be enough in advance! ::D:

Meg, no problem and sorry to hear that you won't be here to win another BIS or a Sophie! (Okay, time for the rest of you to step it up...that's one less great painter for you to compete against! :;): ) :lol:

--Anne ::):

I feel Meg'spain, scheduled our Family vacation to start the 19th! What is it about Murphy's law?

yup. Might have to make a point of not leaving town until entries start being accepted. I don't have to be there for the award ceremony do I? Only to submit them in person by the artist right? I give Darryl permission to collect my minis and prizes for me. I'll be back after the wedding of course.

Really the only suggestion I want to make about classes is about when pre-registration tickets go on sale. Wednesday at noon is horrible. I work for a state agency that has uber strict policies about internet usage, and when I get home the classes I want into are sold out. Also advanced warning when they go on sale would be good too.

Ok I have a painting class suggestion: Freehand work.

As for making a big hullabaloo in advance on when the classes will be going up for sale and not putting them up in the middle of the day, that's not something I control. I can pass the comment along at the next ReaperCon meeting, though. ::): If you can't get a class you want, remember that we are once again holding back two tickets for at-the-door sales (almost half the seats!) for every class. These will be put on sale the morning OF the class, at which point it's first-come first-served.

Knowing that the schedule will be finalized by January 1st, I suspect you can expect tickets to go on sale during that month. I seem to remember that last year Kit did give a few days warning before he put 'em up, too, so keep your eyes peeled. ::):

Any other class suggestions at the last minute? I have two class slots still open...subject-less...waiting on your inspiration or need!

--Anne :;):

Casting is one of those things that doesn't fit well into a class timeslot. I have a little experience with casting, as you know.

Yeah, sadly Hirst does not fit well into a slot. However, there are a few people here on the forums who are brilliant with the stuff (Rastl among them). You could always start a discussion in Painting Tips with specific questions, I bet those of us with experience would be glad to help. ::):

Okay, I have mailed all schedules out to the instructors. Within the next few weeks I am going to be posting "SPOTLIGHT" subjects here in the ReaperCon forum. These will highlight a particular instructor or set of classes, to help publicize some of the cool stuff that we have going on this year! There are a few completely new class subjects that our instructors have come up with, and I hope they'll be popular!