Sign in to follow this  
Jay

Got beaten up defending Reaper

My friends and I were wishing each other happy holidays via our gaming mailing list and the topic turned to our holiday projects.

I of course mentioned that I was painting a Reaper figure. I mean, what else does one do on days off?

They wanted to know which one so I pointed them to the figure finder page for the Rumscratch, Dwarf WereShark page.

I spent the rest of the afternoon defending Reaper! They wanted to know why I liked a company that had such poor selection of figures. "They don't even produce a single WereTurkey!"

So, for next year can we please have a WereTurkey figure?

Thanks,

Jay

What would be the circumstance that produced a wereturkey?

...he asked, though he realized he probably didn't want to know.

Thanksgiving is a disaster waiting to happen! With all the hormone food additives these days a Were-Turkey is a statistical certainty.

One day a family dinner will go terribly wrong.

Hey, the full moon was just a few nights ago. Those wereturkeys were on the prowl trying to turn the normal turkey population so they could stand a chance against today's massacre.

Crazy timing. I was thinking Reaper needed to make a turkey figure while I was driving and making up Warlord scenarios. Wereturkey? Maybe. Big tom turkey. Oh yes.

Not really a were-turkey story, but a couple weeks ago after one of my night classes. I decided to try to take some shots of the moon. It was just before dusk and the evening was really clear. So, I went to this little roadside clearing, on a road that was just completed a couple months ago to help relieve traffic to the campus to try and get some shots while the sky still had that warm twilight feel. So, this new road is pretty much all woods for a couple miles, from the school to the road it junctions into. I set up my tripod and am sitting on the ground with my remote waiting for a little bit more darkness. So, its not pitch black but its dark enough and I'm alone on a near deserted road with woods on every side. When I hear something in the woods in front of me, then it was behind me, then it was on the other side. I was about to get really freaked when I saw a turkey emerged from the woods, then another, then two more, then a couple more eventually there were nearly thirty. It was pretty cool. When they realized I was there they bolted back into the woods. I wasn't even aware we had a large wild turkey population but apparently we do.

No, no pics because the camera was on a tripod aimed at the moon, and I knew if I moved they'd leave.

Well, the first wereturkey probably came from a wereturkey egg. Unless the first wereturkey egg came from a wereturkey. It's a classic question, you know.

But after the first one, the rest came in the usual way; wereturkeys are mean. (Though not as mean as weregeese, it must be said.)

Well, the first wereturkey probably came from a wereturkey egg. Unless the first wereturkey egg came from a wereturkey. It's a classic question, you know.

But after the first one, the rest came in the usual way; wereturkeys are mean. (Though not as mean as weregeese, it must be said.)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1129441/

What circumstances, indeed.

If Reaper produced a Turkey figure, I'd be happy to kitbash the Were.

If we get some turkey figures, we totally have to do turkeys in Pilgrim hats with blunderbusses and turkeys in native american headbands with feathers sticking out of them holding bows... biggrin.gif

Wereturkey? Why not. Already there is tofurkey...and if given the choice, I'd prefer to have wereturkey at my dinner table any day of the year.

Wereturkey? Why not.

Yea, that won't be any weirder than 'Surfer Dude'. I bought that mini for the sole purpose of painting it anger.