Sign in to follow this  
wildbill

Varaug and Enrage

So, this came out a couple of weeks ago when we were playing a game. What is the timing of all of this nonsense? Does Frenzy go off before Enrage does? Do you get to choose the timing? I was a little confused by it and just would like to see some official clarification. ::):

Wild Bill :blues:

What do you mean? I've always used them at the same time. ie. My fresh berserker decides to frenzy and takes 3 attacks at a +3. I will then decide to enrage this model bringing his MAV back to 4 but his DV drops to 8. Is this the kind of thing you are talking about?

Page 31 - How to resolve a Fight Action.

Step 1 = declare all attacks. Here is where you resolve anything that adjusts the #MA. This means you would have to Frenzy at this step to declare your attack.

Step 2 = Adjust MAV. Here is where you resolve anything that adjusts the MAV. This is where you would Enrage.

Step 3 = Adjust DV. This is where things like Parry resolve.

So when doing both, you first Frenzy, then Enrage.

::):

It's one of those things that don't come up every time we play, and putting your finger on the answer in the rulebook at a moment's notice isn't necessarily the easiest thing to do. Thanks for the clarification!

Wild Bill :blues: