Converting 14329

I'm looking at doing a small conversion to 14329: Street Thug, Mercenaries Grunt and turning him into an unarmed brawler. The club in his hands worries me.

http://www.reapermini.com/FigureFinder#detail/14329

Has anyone worked with this mini before? How attached is the weapon to his hip? Would it be feasible to remove it without heavily re-sculpting the legs?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking at doing a small conversion to 14329: Street Thug, Mercenaries Grunt and turning him into an unarmed brawler. The club in his hands worries me.

http://www.reapermini.com/FigureFinder#detail/14329

Has anyone worked with this mini before? How attached is the weapon to his hip? Would it be feasible to remove it without heavily re-sculpting the legs?

I don't have a certain answer for you about how the club is attached. (I don't have that figure.) If you look in the Asylum Online Store (which is different from the Figure Finder) it will show a numerical icon below multi part minis. 14329 comes up as a single piece item. Because there's no way to cast it as a single piece otherwise, I'm almost certain the club is in contact with the hips. But....

What were you planning to do about re-sculpting or replacing the left hand? That looks like a worse problem and a more fiddly re-sculpt. Unless you could cut at the wrist and add a new empty left hand from your bitz box. There is also a dagger in his boot so he still would not be "unarmed".

If you are just dead set on 14329 this next idea won't help. But how about a different mini? You want a big, burly, ham-fisted, human dude? This guy:

http://www.reapermini.com/FigureFinder#detail/03397

...has a sword arm that is a separate piece. And he also looks to be in great need of someone to punch.

That barbarian mini is great (I already have him) but the thug is perfect for what I need minus the club. Thanks for the suggestion though. I'm okay with the extra dagger. Even a brawler keeps a knife around for utility.

The hands aren't a big problem. I was going to hack them off, reposition them to be perpendicular to the viewer, drill them out, press them into fists more or less, and puddy up them up where needed. Of course if that doesn't end up working out I can always just replace them entirely.

The legs however are going to be an issue.