Brood Dragon in Previews?

ZILLA

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This dragon is roughly the same size as Lavarath.

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/03000/latest/03000#detail/03000_w_1

Mr. Williams made his dragon this size on purpose, so it too would fit in a blister pack.

As the entire Reptus line will be leaving the catalog this coming year (still available on-line) we made the decision to release the dragon into Dark Heaven. When the part number goes live, so will the Brood Master rider 14549. This Warlord part number will not be "released" as it would be NICed after Jan first anyhow. So, when this goes live, the Brood Master rider (who is the actual Warlord) will be "bits" for this dragon and this dragon will be bits for the rider under the Warlord part number.

The rider has no separate base as the dragon is his base. :)

At some point, we plan on converting the rider into a model that does have a base and releasing that into Dark Heaven as well.

Whoa! Am I reading this right? The Reptus are leaving? Are any of the other Warlord armies being discontinued?

You're welcome WO, figured I'd go ahead and get a picture up quick so everyone would know how big it is.

I haven't heard anything about being able to customize the wings with another dragons wings. Doesn't mean you can't try the conversion on your own though.

Reaper does still carry discontinued minis and as long as you order directly through Reaper you can get any Reaper mini.

Whoa! Am I reading this right? The Reptus are leaving? Are any of the other Warlord armies being discontinued?

Functionally, the Nefsokar and the Reven have already been largely "discontinued." Realize that Reaper produces a large number of new releases each year. As such, they cannot continue to keep every model them make "in-production", partly for the sake of distributors and retail shops. Every year, they go through a culling process with the DHL line to reduce the number skus in the catalog, weeding out models whose sales have dropped off. Warlord largely avoided this process for a number of years, until the number of factions (and the model count within those factions) became so large that it was unavoidable. Even when the Warlord 2 rulebook was being hashed out, there were already models (and even entire factions) that were on the chopping block to be NIC'd (Not In Circulation). The cool thing about Reaper (and the retail stores that participate in Reaper's Business to Business program), is that even though those skus are dropped from the catalog, all those NIC'd models remain available for purchase (unlike Limited Edition models - like con Sophies and such - that are removed from production after their sale time-frame). Thus, even though the Reptus will be NIC'd, you will still be able to play them (after all, they exist in the Warlord 2 rulebook, and are therefore "current"), and so long as you are willing to order either directly from Reaper, or through one of the shops that participates in the B2B program, you will be able to continue to purchase any model from the Reptus line you desire.

As there is a fairly large number of skus associated with the Savage North book that have not been release yet, I will not be surprised to see a number of other models (and perhaps even entire factions) ultimately NIC'd as well.

~v

Nope still plenty of time. I think the figure finder has more minis listed in it than the asylum retail store online (something I've noticed while updating pictures). But as long as the entry for the mini says it's still available for purchase then your good. Reptus will still be on the shelves in the internet orders department (every mini ever produced by Reaper that is still available for purchase) so order as many as you like! ::):