Gargoyle

Norgol, Irongrave Knight

Dwarven Warrior

Young Swamp Dragon

Jolie, Scribe

prime Lylyth

Centurus Clones (2)

Hormagaunts (2)

The new addition is a birthday gift for a friend; I brought it home today and cleaned all the parts (ten of 'em!). Beautiful casting, barely any mold lines. Also got plenty of work done on pLylyth.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I currently have this bit of optimism that says I'm going to finish everything with paint already on it before starting anything else.

Some of these have survived half-painted for three years. We'll see what happens.

...yeah, that didn't happen.

Though the ten iDaleks on the painting bench do console one somewhat.

I currently have this bit of optimism that says I'm going to finish everything with paint already on it before starting anything else.

Some of these have survived half-painted for three years. We'll see what happens.

...yeah, that didn't happen.

Though the ten iDaleks on the painting bench do console one somewhat.

Which Daleks?  I'm doing one of the BTD Movie versions.

Just need to put the sealer on two Cold Navy Mauridian carriers. Just needed to do the highlighting and darklining, but that was more than enough to remind me that it's been at least 8 months since I picked up a brush.

That'll happen.  Looking forward to seeing them though.  I bought all the Mauridians too.  Love the sculpts, have no idea how I want to paint them.

Sure, terrain counts.

OK then. Have a look at my blog (link below) if you want to see progress on it.

I'm actually working on the minis now. I'm not even going to try to list what I'm painting.

That's some awesome terrain. What game are you playing?

If there's one thing working with resin models has taught, it's how to work with greenstuff. Still hate greenstuff, but I'm understanding how it works better through filling air bubbles left in the casting. I now have the final three frigates prepped and two on the painting bases. Also glued the Khurasan felids and robots to pennies. Figure tomorrow I'll add the paste to the bases. If I'm lucky I might even prime some stuff.

Workbench update:

Devout warjack

Tentacle pit

03077 Goblins II (4)

03462 Goblin Warriors (4)

Thomas Hammerfist

Gargoyle

Norgol, Irongrave Knight

Dwarven Warrior

Young Swamp Dragon

Jolie, Scribe

prime Lylyth

Centurus Clones (2)

Hormagaunts (2)

Sure feels good to have those 'gaunts finished. (Edit: pLylyth turned out pretty well, too.) The Devout 'jack is about half assembled as well.

Edited by Ferox

It's going to be reeeeeeealy pathetic if I can't even finish one mini this month.  It may happen though.

If it makes you feel better, I completed 2 Eldar Jetbikes and 4 Iron Warriors CSMs in the past week. I should also be en-route to complete a reaper mini too (forget the name, but its the one with a dagger, beard and lootbag, IIRC an earlier Garrity sculpt). I like to call him "Dirty Lootbag!"

Damon.

Still working on terrain. Last night I couldn't sleep so at 2:00am decided to try painting some simple terrain to make me sleepy.

5397281626_f44a741fe4.jpg

I painted the knotwork. The rest of the painting was already complete. I did all the little touch up painting as well while I had the colors out.

2 floors to go!

Basecoated the goblins; should be able to finish those tomorrow. Gave the warjack a quick post-assembly scrub; it'll be dry by morning and I'll prime it then. My bottle of tarnished brass is still fighting me -- turns to sludge after about a minute on the wet palette, despite all manner of experimentation with more (or less) flow improver and different kinds of palette paper. Maybe it needs a drop of sealer? Dunno.