Hobby-Q

MamaGeek

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Super Administrators

The collecta logo isn't ours, but I can explain the Hobby-Q logo. Simple treatment, nothing cutesy. Hobby-Q is sort of a weird name. So look at the logo. No doubt about the name of the company: Hobby. Q. Done.

Right now I mostly just feel bad for whomever made the HobbyQ logo. I mean, it's not THAT bad, is it? Does it really need to glow nuclear green to be cool, or whatever?

I obviously don't see what you are seeing. On my screen Hobby is in blue and the Q is in red, the only thing that looks vaguely like nuclear green is maybe the CollectA logo. I really don't understand why everyone is upset about the logos, they don't affect what you buy. Hobby Q is pretty generic and should fit in just about any retail store. Everything is registered so its a bit late and Reaper certainly didn't have to or need to ask for our 2 cents on the logo. Surely there are more important things to talk about.

There is nothing anywhere that says the pro paints are going to be discontinued. I let that rumor base on by until Reaper actually says something to that affect.

This seems cool, I agree on the logo aspect though, but its not going to prevent me from buying more minis :) I was wondering though... I've been saving up all my little mini tabs in the hopes of someday redeeming them preferably at a Reapercon, would I still be able to do so? Also I enjoy the pro paints, and am sad to see them go.

So wait. I'm still confused on a couple matters:

Did Reaper buy Hobby Q? Did Hobby Q buy Reaper? Did they merge together a la White Wolf and CCP?

Will my blister packs and paint still say "Reaper Miniatures" and have a cool-looking skull on them? I really don't care what the muggles think of our hobby, so the rebranding is sort of a "whatever-moment" to me.

Good luck, though! I'll still continue to buy Reaper stuff so long as you keep producing some of the coolest figures out there!

• Reaper User

Sadly Spike,yes, the Pro Paint line of paint will cease production as supplies run out. Normally we don't announce this type of cancellation to the public or make a big deal about it. Usually simply omitting canceled items from the catalog is all we do. That said, unlike canceled miniatures that we can go cast, we can't make more Pro Paint.

The reason for the cancellation is the bottle became unavailable at a reasonable price as of 1.Sept.2010. For me, this is the worst reason of all to cancel a line. To cancel something because it is not selling well is one thing, but to do it when the line is performing very well is counter to my nature. There was a lot of discussion concerning this event and we seriously looked at every option. The problem simply came down to the bottle. Changing bottles meant scrapping everything. Racks, blisters, cards, labels everything would have to go and trying to simply "change" it over would cost too much and confuse everyone.

I would give a good look at the new Master Series HD (High Density Pigments line). You will see all of the most popular Pro Paint colors in the new line, reformulated for smoother texture and coverage. Now please do not read into my statement that the new MSP HD paints are simply "re-bottled" Pro Paints. That is not true. All we did was use existing proven sales data to determine popular starting colors.

best to all!

bye

• Reaper User

So wait. I'm still confused on a couple matters:

Did Reaper buy Hobby Q? Did Hobby Q buy Reaper? Did they merge together a la White Wolf and CCP?

Will my blister packs and paint still say "Reaper Miniatures" and have a cool-looking skull on them? I really don't care what the muggles think of our hobby, so the rebranding is sort of a "whatever-moment" to me.

Good luck, though! I'll still continue to buy Reaper stuff so long as you keep producing some of the coolest figures out there!

No one bought anybody... Your Miniature packs will still say Reaper Miniatures. There will still be a Reaper Con and Reaper will be at Origins Gencon etc. All we did was reorganize the structure to better accommodate developing product lines and future plans. I apologize for the confusion.

As to the logo, I don't get the "green" either. It should be a frumpy little non intrusive logo. Cab some one capture it as they see it, pdf it or something and post a link to what you are seeing?

best

bye

Sadly Spike,yes, the Pro Paint line of paint will cease production as supplies run out. Normally we don't announce this type of cancellation to the public or make a big deal about it. Usually simply omitting canceled items from the catalog is all we do. That said, unlike canceled miniatures that we can go cast, we can't make more Pro Paint.

The reason for the cancellation is the bottle became unavailable at a reasonable price as of 1.Sept.2010. For me, this is the worst reason of all to cancel a line. To cancel something because it is not selling well is one thing, but to do it when the line is performing very well is counter to my nature. There was a lot of discussion concerning this event and we seriously looked at every option. The problem simply came down to the bottle. Changing bottles meant scrapping everything. Racks, blisters, cards, labels everything would have to go and trying to simply "change" it over would cost too much and confuse everyone.

I would give a good look at the new Master Series HD (High Density Pigments line). You will see all of the most popular Pro Paint colors in the new line, reformulated for smoother texture and coverage. Now please do not read into my statement that the new MSP HD paints are simply "re-bottled" Pro Paints. That is not true. All we did was use existing proven sales data to determine popular starting colors.

best to all!

bye

Well this saddens me. It is what it is. So I guess I am going to have to order a bunch of my favorite paints before they are gone.