Neroli, female half orc

MamaGeek

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

(Plus one monkey!)

Very nice! The face, especially, turned out great. Lovely eyes! The blends are very smooth all over, and I like the hints of color (blues and browns) that you introduced into the armor. The metals could probably stand to get a few more little glints of pure white, such as on the rivets, since they look a little muted.

I also appreciate the Large-sized base. Go, Enlarge Person!

Your conversion on the arm looks very good overall, but I would have set the elbow a little lower from the shoulder so the forearm wouldn't be longer than the upper arm. (But I don't have a real half-orc handy to show me the proportions of her arm!)

Thanks for the link to the WIP thread, too.

Derek

@dks - Thank you, Derek. That really means a lot, especially coming from you. These are the first eyes I've painted that I'm really happy with, and I really love green for skin tones. I've painted a couple trolls and a dryad, and they were all very fun. Green gives you a lot to work with. I know my converstion/sculpting skills are lacking, but I'll keep at it!

@mercius & dks - This is the best NMM I've ever done, so although I do know it could still use improvement, I'm very happy with how it turned out. As long as I improve with each attempt, I know I'm getting somewhere! I'll keep your comments in mind for the next one, though, definitely!

Very impressive work! Her face came out amazing! The blending is nice and smooth, and the nmm is looking really good too! One thing you could do to push the nmm feel just a little more, and this is totally up to you, it does look like metal; in the darkest areas of your gradients on the metal areas, and keeping the light source consistent as you go, you could add either a small highlight, or a muted reflection. When adding it, keep the highlight or muted reflection the same shape of the form of the area it's in. For example just above the eyes, fangs and teeth line on the shield. It doesn't have to be crazy bright, and its just an idea, this figure came out really great! Also I LOVE the base! Nice work on the variation of vegetation.

@dks - [...] I know my conversion/sculpting skills are lacking, but I'll keep at it!

By all means do! For the 15 years or so of painting before I finally tried Greenstuff, I didn't do any conversions more complicated than a hand-swap or (once) a head-swap, and my "sculpting" was limited to what I could do with epoxy glue or multiple layers of overly thick paint -- so you're already much farther along than I was! ::D:

Derek