New CAV mini: Terran Thug in desert camo

ogre

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget the gallery. These should be posted in the online store for the reboot of CAV!!! Paintjobs like that sell more pewter. Dig.

It is, actually. Knock on wood, every CAV mini I put in the Inspirational Gallery is on the online store CAV page. And, I want to help do exactly what you suggest...get good painted pics up of all the unpainted CAV minis on the store, to help get interest going. I've been painting minis for years, first for games like SFB (did some sculpting on those, as well) and now as a hemi-demi-semi employee for Catalyst Games Labs, painting minis for Classic Battletech (I'm a member at Camospecs.com). I tried to sell a few CAV minis, and they don't command much of a price, but that's okay; if I can get what I paid for them, I'm happy and it supports buying more. Wanna do a Rhino and Crusader next, and then some of the new minis brought over from Talon Games. I've done those before, but in schemes for CBT, so they can't really go on the Reaper site. Maybe one day I can even get on the Reaper paint crew, though I admit those people are WAY more talented than I.

Forget the gallery. These should be posted in the online store for the reboot of CAV!!! Paintjobs like that sell more pewter. Dig.

It is, actually. Knock on wood, every CAV mini I put in the Inspirational Gallery is on the online store CAV page. And, I want to help do exactly what you suggest...get good painted pics up of all the unpainted CAV minis on the store, to help get interest going. I've been painting minis for years, first for games like SFB (did some sculpting on those, as well) and now as a hemi-demi-semi employee for Catalyst Games Labs, painting minis for Classic Battletech (I'm a member at Camospecs.com). I tried to sell a few CAV minis, and they don't command much of a price, but that's okay; if I can get what I paid for them, I'm happy and it supports buying more. Wanna do a Rhino and Crusader next, and then some of the new minis brought over from Talon Games. I've done those before, but in schemes for CBT, so they can't really go on the Reaper site. Maybe one day I can even get on the Reaper paint crew, though I admit those people are WAY more talented than I.

Cool. I had noticed the Starhawk up and was hoping that it was going to be a trend.

Somewhere between N and Z scale. Bigger than most of the minis for Battletech; this one is about 2.5 inches high. The hex base it's on is the standard size, so that should give you some idea of scale. I like the scale, myself; big enough for some details, but not so big that you can't use it on a hex map.