Sign in to follow this  
haldir

Is there a gladatorial arean scenery peice

I'm workin on some gladiators for a scene/diarama thingee & was curious if anyone makes a romanesqe gladitorial scenery peice?? Even if it just a half circle thingee I wouldn't care, just enough to make a good picture/background stuff.

Also I recall in a mag (Poly/Dung I think) of a arena, but can't recall who it was--maybe Dwarven Forge perhaps? Anyone know of any on that??

thanks

Randy M

For Columns, you my also want to check bakeries and what not. I have seen plenty of Romanesque styled columns used on wedding and other cakes. And usually,ifyou ask nicely, they may give you some at a discounted (or free) price.

Dwarven Forge did indeed have a prototype Arena at Origins.  I spoke with Stefan at his booth about it and he told me a few problems with it.  First it is extremly big and complicated.  He says he just did it as a side amusement for himself to see if he could.  Second he told me the price to actually produce it would be extremly expensive.  The upside to this is that Dwarven Forge may do a special limited run of the arena, the downside is it could be anywhere in the $300-$500 range to purchase.  Assuming he decides to do the run.

thanks guys, I may just end up doin one myself, seem like a scenery homemade project for me in the works!!!

Randy M