captenglish

Shading Rosy Shadow 9067

I agree, Chestnut Brown should be a good for shading Rosy Shadow... but the result might be too pink as an overall skin color for someone from India.

Another way to choose colors is to find a good reference photograph of someone with the skin color you'll be emulating (perhaps a page in a magazine, or a good printout from a digital image) and then to paint tiny swatches directly on it until the colors match.

Derek

I agree, Chestnut Brown should be a good for shading Rosy Shadow... but the result might be too pink as an overall skin color for someone from India.

Another way to choose colors is to find a good reference photograph of someone with the skin color you'll be emulating (perhaps a page in a magazine, or a good printout from a digital image) and then to paint tiny swatches directly on it until the colors match.

Derek

That's Genius!!

Or, y'know, take the photograph and get a good ballpark of where to start with the Power Palette if you're unsure where to begin color-wise. ::D:

Out of curiosity I tried the experiment Jon suggests with this image.

The Power Palette found all of these in the one face:

09067 Rosy Shadow [+] ⇒ (upper lip, her RHS)

09111 Burnt Orange [+] ⇒

09201 Orange Brown [+] ⇒

09138 Intense Brown [+] ⇒

09073 Chestnut Gold [+] ⇒

09225 Redstone Highlight [+] ⇒

09232 Bright Skin Shadow [+] ⇒

09242 Carrottop Red [+] ⇒

09243 Highlight Orange [+] ⇒

09068 Rosy Skin [+] ⇒

...it took over a dozen tries to find Rosy Shadow :upside:

Ah yes, thanks for the reminder about the Power Palette. Technology! ::D:

Certainly different people have different skin colors, but I guess if I were painting "Indian" (south Asian) skin, I would be using orange-/yellow-browns more than pink-/red-browns.

Anyway, good luck with your project, captenglish!

Derek

Ah yes, thanks for the reminder about the Power Palette. Technology! ::D:

Certainly different people have different skin colors, but I guess if I were painting "Indian" (south Asian) skin, I would be using orange-/yellow-browns more than pink-/red-browns.

Anyway, good luck with your project, captenglish!

Derek

Were I doing more than one (diorama), I would most likely vary the skin tones and probably go with your suggestion. Thanks. BTW, I tend to stay away from the power palette because I have had mxed results, besides I try to keep my mixes simple for ease and better results.