Sign in to follow this  
dargrin

One Thin Dime

That is what one of my friends suggested on Facebook. I will stick to minis right now. Although I did find a new nickle that may be painted up soon. (no trade mark)

I have been thinking of doing this with some of the state quarters. Probably not all 50! Partly because I'm so slow, and partly because I still haven't managed to collect all of them.

Your dime looks great, wonderful job! The hair and skin came out really well. I'm especially impressed by the detail you captured on the ear.

These surprisingly go pretty fast. So doing a bunch over a few days is really not out of the question.

Did you seal it afterwards?

I'd like to do one of the presidential gold dollar coins, but would want to let the gold show through as much as possible. Do you think not priming, or selective priming, would work?

I would do some selective priming if you want to let the gold show through. I would be nervous that the paint would chip. I would then tape off the areas you don't wish to seal with painters tape.

The coin I did was just for fun so I didn't seal it.