18th and Early 19th Century Fantasy

thoth19

So, I've gotten very interested in fantasy settings that have a eighteenth or nineteenth century feel, and I was wondering if people could recommend good miniatures, Reaper or otherwise.

There's one thing I'm looking for in particular. I saw it at my local game store years ago. It was a pack of Orcs dressed in Napoleonic War uniforms, and I'm pretty sure it was part of a set that had other fantasy races in various Napoleonic garb.

Anyway, any recommendations would be appreciated.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the suggestions, there's a lot of cool stuff out there.

@ Inarah: Do you know how large the Gnomes are? They look pretty big, but that might just be the way they're photographed. If they would look gnome-sized compared to 28mm figures I might have to get a few. I'm looking for figures to run a fantasy Napoleonic RPG, so I'd like them all to fit with each other on the table.

The Seven Years' Picnic was pretty cool as well, though I wish they had actual guns/horses etc. It's a neat concept, but it wouldn't work for what I'm trying to do. Though I did look through Eureka's other stuff, and I fell in love with their 18th century musicians, which are on their way now.

@joshuaslater: I also checked out the Foundry Mercenary Orcs, and they're wonderful. They have a sort of a Condittieri/Landsknecht feel to them that I really like. Not quite the right period, but hey, it's fantasy, I can stretch things a bit.

The gnomes are pretty good sized, 28mm at least. That is, they are as big as a Reaper 28mm human figure. So they would not be tiny little gnomes in comparison to other 28mm figures. But fantasy games let you mix things like that.

That's true, fantasy is flexible that way, and those gnomes have a certain feel to them that I really like.

So, I've been poking around on the Reaper site and I found a lot models that would fit with this setting. I thought I'd post what I've found in case anyone else has similar interests. I didn't include most of the Pirates because they're easy to find in the figure finder, and I tried to stick to things that could be pre-Victorian.

60033: Skinsaw Man

60036: Visbaronetess Delour Aulamaxa

50207: Krampus--This one doesn't really have a period "look" per say, but it's such a nice traditional European folktale monster that I thought it fit in spirit. Plus it's a pretty sweet mini.

02310: St Tarkus, Dire-dead

02391: Kimberlee the Fair

03342: Borley, Male Ghost

03211: Goblin Pirate and Powder Monkey

02861: Abram Duskwalker

02845: Townsfolk VI: Gravedigger & Henchman, not to mention a number of other Townsfolk sets that would work.

03241: Aroudj Firebeard