I just finished painting up my first Reptus Warrior. Now though, I'm thinking I like the sculpt on the figure so much I'm not sure I want to put on the shield and cover it up. ::): What are your thoughts? Do you usually include the shields?

Thanks,

Dannibal

I just finished painting up my first Reptus Warrior. Now though, I'm thinking I like the sculpt on the figure so much I'm not sure I want to put on the shield and cover it up. ::): What are your thoughts? Do you usually include the shields?

Thanks,

Dannibal

If you're using it for Warlord and it has the Deflect special ability then I say yes, but I'm more of a stickler like that.

Well, first off, warriors are soldiers. And usually you will tend to have several of them. And I like to have several variations for each to help them not look so cookie cutter ish on the table. I have lots of reptus warriors. I have included the shields on some and I have left the shields off others to help get that variation.

I say, if you like the way it looks without it, then leave it off.

Then again, if you paint the shield separately, and decide that you did an amazing job on the shield, then you might decide later to put it on.

Or lastly, another option is that I have been known to incorporate the shield into the piece by having it laying at his feet on the base, splintered like it just got bashed or something and he dropped it.

Plenty of options for you.

::D: Thanks, great comments all!

I'm thinking I'll ultimately go for the mixed look. Actually, the shields are pretty nifty too. Right now, I've only got a couple warriors. Down the road, I'll get some more to fill out my army and then I won't mind having some hidden safely behind their shields. :;):

Dannibal

biggrin.gif Thanks, great comments all!

I'm thinking I'll ultimately go for the mixed look. Actually, the shields are pretty nifty too. Right now, I've only got a couple warriors. Down the road, I'll get some more to fill out my army and then I won't mind having some hidden safely behind their shields. ik_wink.gif

Dannibal

Once you get enough painted, you can use the shield to seperate warriors in 2 different troops, one has shields the other does not.