Sign in to follow this  
Mark Theurer

ReaperCon 2011 tournament news?

Hi all,

Sorry if I missed it elsewhere. I did a quick search and didn't see any so I figured I'd check to see if there's any news on the Warlord tourney and who's coming. I'm planning to play (and film for ReaperMinisTV) and am brining my recently finished Razig army for the tourney.

Mark, RMTV

Great idea on starting this thread, in terms of trying to see who all is planning on playing in the tourney. Getting a general headcount is a great way to help those doing the planning to see what they need to prepare for.

I will definitely be there.

Wouldn't miss it for (almost) anything. I'll be there, tho I'm sure I probably won't know what I'm playing until 5 minutes before the 1st round starts. :;):

~v

Wouldn't miss it for (almost) anything.

So you're saying that just before the tourney starts, someone bringing in some majorly awesome cheesecake wouldn't stop you from playing? :devil:

So you're saying that just before the tourney starts, someone bringing in some majorly awesome cheesecake wouldn't stop you from playing? ik_devil.gif

Depends on which kind of cheesecake. If it is the kind I bake for the con, definitely not, as I am not a big fan of it myself. If we are talking the other kind of cheesecake... well, if it is good enough, then yeah, I might skip the tournament. :lol:

~v

Ok, this is what I know. It's not an "Official" announcement, but it's close. Gus is out of town that weekend, so Stubbdog is going to run the tourny. It will be three scenario based rounds just like last year. Now the twist. Due to the remodelling at Reaper HQ, space is at a premium. It looks like eight tables is the most we will get. Due to that, the plan under consideration is to run one session on Friday and one on Saturday. The details will be nailed down soon now that Stubbdog and I have our guidelines. We will post the official rules once we hash out the details.

So, if this becomes the final plan, it sure sounds like people who are coming for more than just the weekend should make an effort to sign up to play on Friday (when the opportunity to do so becomes available). That will leave more Saturday tables available for people that can't make it Friday (as I couldn't last year).

~v

So, if this becomes the final plan, it sure sounds like people who are coming for more than just the weekend should make an effort to sign up to play on Friday (when the opportunity to do so becomes available). That will leave more Saturday tables available for people that can't make it Friday (as I couldn't last year).

~v

perhaps the sign up should indicate which days the player will be at RCon. Might make a schedule easier to work out. I also remember talk about having some games at the offical Hotel, though being there all day and not at Reaper might not be ideal.

I could see Fri morning, Fri afternoon, Fri evening, Sat morning, Sat afternoon sessions.

It almost sounds like there will be two tournaments. One on Friday for those people, and one on Saturday for those people. 8 tables is still 16 people. I say you let people play who traveled the furthest to get there first. For example, you came in from Seattle, you're pretty much guaranteed a spot. You came in from Tulsa? Not so fast! There may not be space.

But, for those who don't play in the tournament in the back, you can always play pick-up games in the actual store area.

Ok, gonna ask that this thread stop before it gets started down the wrong road.

There are lots of details still to be figured and ironed out. The only detail at the moment that is set is that yes, I have been assigned and accepted the post to run the tourney. ALL other details are still being ironed out. So, please do not jump to ANY conclusions yet.

Please only use this thread to continue to list if you intend to participate in the tourney so I can get a better idea of how many people we need to try and accommodate.

Thank you.

Stubbdog is right, at this point we are just getting started. At this stage all we can do is let everyone know that the ball is rolling. Get your armies playtested and ready to go and we will see that you get the best opportunity possible to put it to the test!

Ok, gonna ask that this thread stop before it gets started down the wrong road.

Oh, if I wanna hijak this thread, then by gawd I'm gonna do it! And you can't stop me!! Bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!! :devil:

:lol:

::P: