Sign in to follow this  
Dai-Mongar

Carry Cases?

great idea, I really like it ::):

will new boxes have an impact on prices?

artwork look really good on boxes, but they don't show complete minis. Are full pictures presented at the back of boxes?

I like the idea as well. Not so sure that retailers will be happy with the non rectangular boxes though (makes stacking harder, I imagine).

will new boxes have an impact on prices?

At least some of the prices went up $5.

Ron

I'm guessing that, once you buy the box, the paper will easily come off just as with the old box sets thus making them not REALLY mouselings/dragon lunch boxes. Not that you couldnt' decoupage that paper on mind, just I don't think the artwork is printed directly on the box

It is a sticker that is printed and then stuck to the box at the factory. Just don't try to throw it in the dishwasher.

Sa-weet! Now I have to find the minis I want just so I can get the box (A win/win situation really).

Major kudos to whomever was involved in selecting the box.

Bryan, gorgeous work on the art, really.

artwork look really good on boxes, but they don't show complete minis. Are full pictures presented at the back of boxes?

Yes, this is the case. ahem.

Wow, these are bigger than I thought, they'll make a good case for skirmish forces. Excellent idea!

Now if only you could get Warlord starter sets in them...

So what are the actual interior dimensions of these boxes?

*pulls out tape measure*

*opens up case*

*measures one side*

They are split in half so these are the dimensions for one half of the box when it's laying open.

1 3/4 inch deep roughly (nearly 2, so rounding down)

10 inches wide at the narrowest point

and from bottom of case to bottom of the handle it's 7 inches in height

measuring from the bottom of the case to the top (around the handle) is 8 inches.

These remind me a lot of on old small hard-sided case that I'd bought (I can't for the life of me remember who made it at the moment). I always loved it because it was just big enough to carry a gaming session's worth of minis at a time - a hanful of PCs and some monsters. I'd imagine these will be nice for the same type of use as well.

~v

Thanks Meg.

Just the size I've been looking for to assemble my sculpting kit in a more portable form. Now, just to decide which "free" minis to get with my new carrying case...