Sign in to follow this  
psyberwolfe1

RCon '11 tourney chat.

I have started two threads in the ReaperCon section asking people to post the days that they intend to play in the tourney. It is not the official list, but it is a start to give me and your fellow players an idea of who is playing when (remembering that there is a max of 20 players per day).

I'm a fan of a separate prize for the best painted army.

We're offering one this year.

A Prize for best painted army.

No, It's not required to play, but now there's incentive.

I'm a fan of a separate prize for the best painted army.

We're offering one this year.

A Prize for best painted army.

No, It's not required to play, but now there's incentive.

My vote goes to Wowahboy.

but you haven't seen my army of ravenous white bunnies, moles, and mouselings yet....

Ahhhh...ravenous bunnies are always cool. :lol:

I think I shall be the judge that gets bribed into voting for a particular person. I like bribes. :devil:

For local events I've run in the past I offer 10% bonus pts to the army builds if you have a 100% painted army. It's a carrot rather than a stick.

It appears from the announcement Kit posted that this has been addressed.

Mike, I get where you are coming from, but I can guarantee you that I will not be fielding an army painted by me for the tournament this year. It might be painted, it might not. I own most Warlord models for nearly every faction, including what has been released so far for the SN factions. Even with being willing to spend money to have commission work done, there is simply too much metal in my collection. I will play whatever faction I feel like playing for the tournament, regardless of what state the models are in, because that it what will give me the most enjoyment.

I appreciate seeing painted armies as much as the next person, but the state of my opponent's army will never stop me from enjoying a game. Just because some people think [wargaming = painting models] does not make it so. Nor does [unpainted army = lazy] either. Let's try to keep the aspersions and name-calling out of this.

~v

Seconded. It's not a matter of being "lazy" as you put it, as a lack of time and far too many minis for too many games.

Overall it was a good tourney I think. Lots of complaints over dice rolls and initiative draws, but very few related to the scenarios or opponents.

1st: Vince (Shakandara) - Nefsokar

2nd: Jack (sorry Jack, don't know your handle) - Reptus

3rd: Kris (Ktyler09) - Koborlas

Best Painted Army

1st: Kim Goforth (sorry, don't know your handle) - her Micingstead army (Icingstead using mouslings as proxies

2nd: Jake Schauer (sorry don't know your handle) - His BSG army. It was not 100% painted, but the 95% that was painted was outstanding.

I had a great time.

also I wanted to throw a well done to Bob for his fully converted and painted Crusader army! It was awesome looking!

I glued my army together the night before so no painting awards for me... lol!

I was very happy that there were more painted armies than non painted. And yes, there were several that looked great. The decisions were hard for the winners.

Next year, your dogs will all be painted, right?

Hey All!

Thanks for the recognition on the Army Painting! Real life just wouldn't let me get them done at the level I wanted. Next year should see a completed BSG force...if I'm still in a gnomey mood. :huh:

The tourny was great! I had a blast and learned a lot. Even tho Jack stomped the everloving kee-rap out of me in game 3, we sat down later and discussed tactics and builds. A great sportsman on top of being a top-notch player!

I have a dream: One day I will beat Vince....oh yes.... ONE DAY!!