Reapercon basics

hugdctr

What's this Auction I see mentioned?

When are Contest entries due, and when are they judged? Is it possible for someone to attend fewer than the full four days and still enter a piece and be there for the announcement of winners?

Last year, if memory serves me, entries had to be in by 6:00 Friday with a few spots left available for Saturday morning depending on space. The winners were announced Saturday evening around 6:30-7:00ish.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have confirmed the 6pm Friday cutoff for entries. Entries are accepted on Saturday for those people that could only attend on Saturday and the cutoff time for those is Noon. Saturday entries are also on a space allowed basis. If there isn't any room then they won't accept the entry (this should not be a problem in most cases).

All of your entries have to be entered at the same time. This keeps everything organized and the judges more or less sane during the process. Stumbling across a single mini after a they have already looked at several others by you makes the judges crabby.

Awards are given out on Saturday night.

The auction features material that Reaper starts putting out on Thursday and continues to add to through the weekend. We only accept Reaperbucks at the auction. You get Reaperbucks by taking classes (don't know how many), playing games (like the dungeon crawl), trading in proof of purchases (I think on a 1:1 basis) and perhaps by bringing Bryan chicken wings. I'm not sure if the tournament players will be getting Reaperbucks or not.

Auction stuff usually consists of Reaper products (sometimes including OOP miniatures), mousepads, mugs, Sophie Artwork, banners, con entry for the next year and, of course, the favorite Design your Own Mini (well, I have had that one to sell off every year so I hope there will be one this year as well). I will start early Sunday afternoon and it usually takes a couple of hours (depends on how well everyone is taking my bad jokes and how well my voice holds up).

Edited by Heisler

Also, here's the FAQ that was printed in the 2010 Program/Event Guide, it might prove useful:

What do I need to bring to classes?

A. Brushes or sculpting tools, a mini you’d like to work on (some instructors provide a model) and a willingness to learn. Oh, and chocolate.

When do class tickets go on sale?

A. Class tickets are available the day of the class, to give everyone a chance. Saturday’s classes can only be bought on Saturday if you did not pre-register online.

How do I sign up for the games or RPGs?

A. There’s a sign-up sheet at the HQ desk. Some games are pickup games and happen whenever there’s enough people.

Can I go Upstairs /talk to the artists?

A. Please do. They are tempermental folk and require your love to be happy. Please go and adore them. Especially Bobby Jackson. He gets snarky if left unadored for too long.

Do you take plastic?

A. Cash, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, AMEX, or Check, yes!

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

A. A woodchuck would chuck just as much as it could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

What’s a ReaperBuck, and how do I get more?

A. A special currency we made for use at the auction only. You get them by attending classes, playing games, RPGs, or trading in SWAG points.

How does the Auction Work?

A. Reaperbucks only, no cash. Highest bidder wins. Pool your bucks with your friends to score big prizes!

I heard about a secret miniature, but nobody will tell me anything. How do I get one?

A. Who told you that? Maybe you should ask Ed, Matt, or Ron

How do I sign up for the Warlord Tournament?

A. Sign up at HQ.

How do I trade SWAG pointsfor ReaperBucks?

A. you get 5 ReaperBucks for 1 SWAG point, and can exchange them at HQ.

How do I trade SWAG points for Stuff?

A. You can do that at “Shopping” on the map.

What do I need to bring to the RPGs?

A. Imagination. Character, minis, and dice are provided for you if you did not prepare your own.

I am going to the airport and can offer a lift. How do I let people know?

A. There’s a sheet by HQ.

Does this look infected to you?

A. Yes. Seek medical attention.

How do I trade my old minis for new minis?

A. Back in Bits, they will weigh your unassembled, unpainted Reaper metal and give you ounce-for ounce credit towards new, fresh minis. If it has foreign materials (glue or paint, etc.) we will trade 2 ounces for one ounce new.

Is there someplace I can store my stuff?

A. We have a few shelves, but they aren’t secured. Really valuable items should not be left unattended.

Can I get a Tour of the Factory?

A. Yep! Meet up at the HQ desk at 5 minutes after the hour, every hour. ReaperBryan will be happy to guide you though our whole process!

Can I take Pictures of the Factory?

A. Yes, but we do ask that you take no pictures of the inside of our molds. It’s trade secrets, you understand.

African or European?

A. What? I don’t know thaaaaaaa--

What's this Auction I see mentioned?

Each activity you participate in will earn you a special currency called ReaperBucks. Each class is worth a fixed amount, each game is either worth a fixed amount, or awards bucks for killing monsters, unlocking clues, or amusing ReaperBryan. On Sunday, at the close of festivities, we shut everything down except the auction.

The only valid currency in the Auction is Reaperbucks. No cash/check/money orders or C.O.D.s.

We auction off mugs, mousepads, minis, paints, books, posters, and even the coveted "design your own mini". There's usually a TON of items up for grabs. People bid their ReaperBucks, pool their bucks together, and generally have a good time going home with something that they bought by taking classes and playing games.

What do I need to bring to classes?

A. Brushes or sculpting tools, a mini you’d like to work on (some instructors provide a model) and a willingness to learn. Oh, and chocolate.

I also suggest bringing pen and paper to take notes.

Ron

If you are interested in acquiring maximum Reaper Bucks, get the per event Reaper buck reward amounts once at the CON. I recall hearing folks saying "I didn't know we could get so many Reaper bucks by doing [X], [Y] or [Z]"

These amounts do vary per CON as Reaper works to make the distribution as fair as possible.

I have it on good authority that ReaperBryan will be modeling his Slave Leia costume this year

LIES

Yeah, we determined that the Leia costume wasn't skimpy enough. Instead we are going to be airbrushing clothing on to Bryan for him to wear the whole weekend. Some things can't be unseen . . . :blink:

I have it on good authority that ReaperBryan will be modeling his Slave Leia costume this year

LIES

Yeah, we determined that the Leia costume wasn't skimpy enough. Instead we are going to be airbrushing clothing on to Bryan for him to wear the whole weekend. Some things can't be unseen . . . :blink:

Cheeto Nips?