Vicious SA fun

If I were to give Rahl Duke of Pain a flask of hellfire would the damage done by it get the vicious SA? I'm inclined to say yes because the vicious rule reads, "Whenever a model with this SA damages another model..." The rule doesn't specify how it does the damage just that the model caused damage. So it also makes me wonder if I could give the Witch Queen a Gruesome blade to make her magical attacks cause discipline checks. If the intent is no then Vicious will need an erratta. Personally I think allowing it would be cool but understand that AOE discipline checks would be somewhat nasty.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT: Now I have my book, and can back up the statement I was going to make earlier:

Vicious is a Melee SA. Therefore, it would not apply for the Hellfire Flask or magical attacks from the Witch Queen even if she has the Gruesome Blade. No errata needed.

~v

Edited by Shakandara

I found the answer in the data card explanation and the parenthetical next to it clears this up like you said. I thought this had been handled and indeed it was. I began wondering why I was only seeing it under melee attacks but not the others. As usual when something is too good to be true it usually is. I was really looking at how to make Aundine or Rauthuros even nastier. Oh well. LOL!