Favourite conversions

Darkrelease

Let's shift gears a bit here from all the serious talk that's been filling the board the last couple of days.  Take a deep breath, that's good.  Ok, so what is your best Reaper fantasy conversion?  Which is your favourite, doesn't have to be one of your own.  Pictures are welcome on this thread.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one of those times I wish I had a digital camera!  :glare:

Actually, I don't recall ever converting any Reaper minis. I've done a lot of Gw stuff( for which I'm gOiNg dOwN), and some other stuff like Foundry minis. Stuff like exchanging space guns for swords, sculpting hair for bald minis( Hair Club For Minis ?), changing a dark elf into a Devilman-type guy,  sculpting wolf and leopard pelts,etc.

The latest one I've done was on a Lion Captain from 100 Kingdoms- removed the spear from his hand, replaced it with a sword, put a spear from a Reaper weapons pack in the other hand .  Nothing too crazy, but I think it turned out OK.

Now if I could just get this stuff on here for ya'll to critique....... ???

Well, I've only done weapon swaps with my Reapers (besides from one ambitious project that's not complete)... But of those, I'd have to say my favorite that I've done is my "Conan the Farmer" one.

As for others, I have to agree that The Skeletal GM is kick-butt....Hmm... can't think of too many others off of the top of my head...

I like that "Conan the Farmer" conversion, can't believe that it's rating so low on CMoN.

I'll second the Skeletal GM (since it was my idea - had to get that in there) and BONK! turned out well (I've seen it in person).  Frosch also did a minor conversion to turn the mace into a scroll on 2024 "Diva the Blessed" that turned out well (I like it better than the origional).

ReaperClark did a nice Jester/Bard conversion on Eredain, very colorful paint job too.

Viking Lodge had a Hecklemeister conversion that was interesting...

I think the "Orc Chearleader" is hillarious conversion also (search for it over at CMoN), but that's not a Reaper mini.

I am a big fan of this one, although it is not Reaper.

http://games.necrosys.com/wip_irdulan.html

Most of my own conversions tend to be more simple - weapon swaps, adding bits like hats, feathers, extra weapons, etc., and so on. I have made a few old minis into casualties, but I tend not to get too ambitious with my conversions.