Azazels 750pts Darkspawn

Now that I'm thinking about it the Crescent of Bile and Rauthuros would be a good insurance policy against someone conducting a successful alpha strike against your demons which would straight up shut your list down. Just a thought.

That was exactly my intention, in order to take this build to 1000pts. Remove luckstone, add crescent of bile, add Rauthuros as a solo. It'll supply an extra card, as well as the ultimate centerpiece hammer.

- The only concern I have with that approach, is the relatively low modelcount, with very few expendable soldiers.

As for alphastriking my current build, I usually start with enough demons on the board, that it would take a build completely designed to wipe me out to do so. I usually have something like Marilith, 2 succubi and an imp fielded. So it would take a fairly great effort to wipe em out, since 2 of them a 2DT flyers, and one is 3DT's with DV11.

I've given some thought to a more fleshed out 1000pts list involving Ice demons, paintenders and Arachnid warriors, but thats far into the future due to both money and time issues concerning getting the models and painting them.

Anyways, work demands my presence. Back to the cottonfields... :down:

- Azazel

By request of our gaming groups Merc player, we've upped the points from 750 to 800 to allow for more rerolls with the scoundrels luck doctrine.

Eventhough I'm definately catching the vibe that people are looking to either 1st turn alphastrike me, or swarm me in later turns, I've decided to just spend the additional 50 points by removing a luck stone and adding Aundine to get a clean 800pts on the board.

From a gaming perspective, I'd prolly be alot better off fielding an additional 7 broken fodder for screening and speedbumps, but I dont have the models. I do have Aundine painted and ready to go, and I love the model, so eventhough she's been sort of an underachiever the times I've fielded her, she'll get another run.

The extra initiative card and spy is nice for sure, but it wont have too big an impact against the deck control builds I'll most likely be facing the next couple gaming sessions.

I'm definately exited to see if my build and strategies will hold up against the combined might of the RLU(Reaper Listbuilders Union), who've been very welcoming in terms of helping design lists for crispymerc aswell as the elven player in our group.

Hopefully my Demons shall once again feast on the fair flesh of the elven hairdressers as well as on the slackjawed hobo Mercs! :devil:

- Azazel

Well, hopefully the advice given to them helps make up for the advice given to you early on. Eventually your group should reach a point where that stuff is largely irrelevant, and the only things that will matter are luck and tactics.

~v

Aundine is actually better than folks give her credit for. Give her a gruesome blade and she is great at disrupting troops. Give her a flask of hellfire and it's murder time. My opponents regularly target her because it takes away my ability for junk activations and the sheer annoyance she can be.

Aundine is actually better than folks give her credit for. Give her a gruesome blade and she is great at disrupting troops. Give her a flask of hellfire and it's murder time. My opponents regularly target her because it takes away my ability for junk activations and the sheer annoyance she can be.

I've had trouble putting her to good use, due to her relative softness at DV9/3DTs. I got the impression that her use was very(too) specific, in the sense that she needed to target specifically softer elites/leaders, cuz she just cant hack it against the more melee oriented models, nor can she handle multiple cheaper models.

The past couple times I fielded her, I spend alot of energy trying to maneuver her into favourable positions, but felt like it required too many factors to succeed - Mindblast hitting, other models wounding her target first, MOV6 being sufficient etc etc.

I'd love to hear how you make best use of her. (Like, what is a junk activation? :P)

- Azazel

Junk activations are cheap solos you use to give you deck control on the first turn. Basically you activate the solo and do something to nothing in hopes that the next card will force your opponent to activate a troop and hopefully get them out of position. Thus giving you the ability to react with your better troop choices. It's really good if you want to ensure your opponent activates their stuff first.

• 2 weeks later...

Just found this thread, and a few thoughts came to mind:

1. Your list does a good job of fulfilling your plan. Everything has a role and you have the tools to make them work well.

2. I rather think that using non-demonic models in DC allows you some good options. An all demon force would have one ranged option (lesser devil) and a dodgy one at that.

3. Your run-and-engage tactic with Broken Fodder is a creative use of a 7-point model. Very useful for speedbumping in scenario games.

On top of that, you've come up with a list that can adapt to your opposition's deployment and movement. Having the ability to bring models from off the table truly capitalizes on this. If anything, this list might work well with Pain doctrine by simply attacking with the broken fodder hehheh. I think in this case,it's not the army on (and off) the table that's broken, but the guy at the table edge.

PS, if you have access to cheap wings, pThagrosh would make a cooler Rauthoros that the epic version. just my opinion.