Sign in to follow this  
Stubbdog

ReaperCon 2011 Warlord Tourney

Just reposting over here in case players are not venturing into the ReaperCon forum...

Hear Ye Hear Ye...

Here are the details you need to know related to the 2011 Warlord Tourney at ReaperCon.

With the space that we have been alloted for holding the tournament, we can fit 10 tables comfortably. Therefore our event will be for 20 players per day. But, the tournament will be two, one day events. That is, we will have a 3 round tourney on Friday and we will also have a 3 round tourney on Saturday. Meaning we will be able to accommodate up to 40 people in the tourney. People will be allowed to participate in both days, with the caveat that players playing on Friday are subject (by random draws) to losing their spot in the Saturday event to new players that did not participate on Friday.

Unless the powers that be come back and tell me differently, the schedule for the tourney will be:

10-noon, 2-4, 4-6 for both days. So, there is a break in there for lunch and not forcing anyone to play 6 hours straight.

As for the tourney game details...

Each player will get to play in three 1,000 point scenario games. A player's game by game scores will be totaled up and then averaged out to get their final score. For players that do participate in both days, again they will be totaled up and averaged out.

After much discussion and thought we have decided to post up the list of scenarios that we will be choosing from for use in the tourney for you to ponder, discuss, question, whine, woof, and moan about as you prepare your armies for battle.. Here is a link to the Scenarios document: ReaperCon 2011 Warlord Tourney Scenarios.zip

I will leave it up to the Store Master Kit to determine how the tickets will be sold. But, if you have any questions related to the event itself that I can try to answer, please feel free to ask them here..

I look forward to a very successful event where we could have the most Warlord players we've had yet.

EDIT 3-22-2011:

Players that do end up playing both days do not have to play with the same army list on both days. But, players are required to play with the same army list during each days 3 rounds.

EDIT 3-22-2011:

The scenarios for Friday and Saturday will be different to keep things even for all players.

EDIT 3-28-2011:

These "House Rules" will be in affect for all tournament games at RCon

1. For the SA Swift Attack on models that are flying, although they still do not have to land to carry out a swift attack, in order to acheive BTB contact with an enemy, there must be enough space to fit its base "as if it were landing".

2. Models may not be under the influence of both a Barrage Spell and Flame Arrows Spell at the same time. Whichever spell is cast second negates the affect of the first.

I have just added the following edit to the Opening post....

EDIT 4-4-2011:

After much discussion and thought we have decided to post up the list of scenarios that we will be choosing from for use in the tourney for you to ponder, discuss, question, whine, woof, and moan about as you prepare your armies for battle.. Here is a link to the Scenarios document: ReaperCon 2011 Warlord Tourney Scenarios.zip

Jason

I have just added the following edit to the Opening post....

EDIT 4-4-2011: