Reaper Con Sophie This Year?

No Sophie for Reaper Con this year? :(

I have been purchasing most of the Sophies for Christmas, and the RC Sophie when I find out in time. This time I remembered, but like Christmas, it is going to be a mousling? I rather wanted the Tomb Raiding Sophie as a figure.

I have no use for mouslings, and if they are what is replacing saucy Sophie then I have to say that I hate mieses to pieces. :(

The Auld Grump, really sorry he missed the multipack Sophie a whiles back. :( (If it gets reissued I will buy one!)

Edited by Reaperbryan
Blatantly Untrue

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did you get that notion from Grump? My understanding was the Con Sophie was going to be the one depicted in the artwork, and the cowboy mousling the At-the-Con-only mini. I'm sure a Reaperite with more knowledge than me will chime in due time to confirm, but I know I'd heard nothing about the Con Sophie being cancelled.

I think he might have been mistaken from misreading the news post about bags being shipped if you buy a ticket to the con but don't come: "In the past we've stuck in the ReaperCon Sophie, a special annual Con figure (rumor this year is that it's going to be a cowboy Mousling), a Master Series Paint or two, and your t-shirt if you order it."

With all the tie in with Sophie to Reaper, pretty sure it'll be a Sophie for the Con.

While I like the mouslings & I'm looking forward to new ones, I highly doubt a mousling banner or artwork would be a high item at the auction, ha ha.

RM

While I won't buy Mice, I'd be willing to paint them. I have a thing against rodents on principle - rats did over $300 in damage to the AC in my truck, so yeah, I am harboring a grudge.... ;)

I personally like the various sculpts of Sophie, and have gotten most of them. I missed one LE Halloween version. The ReaperCon stuff is always cool, and this year's artwork looks like it's going to be a rather nice sculpt. Because I'm a collector at heart, I'm looking forward to something cool.

~M

I think he might have been mistaken from misreading the news post about bags being shipped if you buy a ticket to the con but don't come: "In the past we've stuck in the ReaperCon Sophie, a special annual Con figure (rumor this year is that it's going to be a cowboy Mousling), a Master Series Paint or two, and your t-shirt if you order it."

I don't think that I am misreading that. :( Previous years the 'Special Reaper Con figure' has been Sophie. 'this year it's going to be a cowboy mousling' Remember, there was no Christmas Sophie this year, instead it was one of those despicable rodents. I have no interest in Mouslings, cowboy or otherwise.

I would love to be proven wrong, but....

The Auld Grump, I wish that they had put up a discussion about it around Christmas - I didn't order a Mousling then, either....

You're misreading it AuldGrump, there's going to be a Tomb Raider Sophie and a cowboy mousling. I know I'm just the web understudy here at Reaper and I don't have a Reaper Tag, so I'll get Ron, Kit, and/or ReaperBryan on to confirm it all, since your fears are as yet unassuaged. I just don't want other people seeing this and running off spreading rumors with no basis ::D:.

You're misreading it AuldGrump, there's going to be a Tomb Raider Sophie and a cowboy mousling. I know I'm just the web understudy here at Reaper and I don't have a Reaper Tag, so I'll get Ron, Kit, and/or ReaperBryan on to confirm it all, since your fears are as yet unassuaged. I just don't want other people seeing this and running off spreading rumors with no basis ::D:.

Or on the basis of the front page of the web site? :rolleyes:

I suspect, again, hoping to be proven wrong (and if proven wrong I will eat crow in the form of buying the Sophie), that the picture of Tomb Raider Sophie is the only Sophie we will get - no mini, just the picture.

And yes, I am annoyed with having no Christmas Sophie for 2010.

The Auld Grump

I am in Hong Kong and I can't get to the CON, I am waiting to buy the Tomb Raider Sophie off someone on ebay or something...

The Sophie is usually available on the website DURING the con (not before nor after). As for the at the Con mouseling, send me a PM with contact info and I will happily pick one up for you.

Cheers,

Brian