Sign in to follow this  
Warwick

LIVID!

Really!? The game measures base tp base the only place where this might be an issue is when dudes surround your dude for a total of nine contacts. Once the figures are deployed it doesn't matter. If someone is going to gripe then you're playing with the wrong people.

Of course my rational mind agrees with you, Psyber. But then my inner draftsman freaks out. I know it's dumb. It's not to make sure I can play that I feel the need to get out the ruler. It's to make sure my game is accurate. Very accurate. It's what I do. Or did. Now I write books, a very inaccurate job. Go figure.

Writing is not as inaccurate as you think. I'm a writer too with an English degree. Our language has some precise rules. That being said relax. Tell the little draftsman to go away because the game isn't played with protractors, t squares, and cad software.

I was a draftsman at the bar last Friday night.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet... :devil:

Writing is not as inaccurate as you think. I'm a writer too with an English degree. Our language has some precise rules. That being said relax. Tell the little draftsman to go away because the game isn't played with protractors, t squares, and cad software.

It isn't?!?! :unsure: Hmmmm...maybe that's what our problem has been this whole time... :unsure:

:lol:

I have played Warlord with Cad software. How else can you play at work? I did a series of Elf vs Koborlas games that seriously proved (to me at least) the benefit of cover when charging. And Mercs vs Overlords, I think. All on the most accurate bases electrons can buy.

I'm going to squash the draftsman in me, as those days are over. I'll try not to go insane.

Hmmm... One day, I get this call from a department at my University. The guy needs a new computer, and he just got his Purchase Requisition into the system. Like, two minutes ago. Now he's on the phone, it's ten minutes to five and I'm getting ready to power down, and he wants to know why he doesn't have a computer yet, two minutes after initiating the req. I look in the system and I see he's using Government Money and it's a pretty high dollar amount for a last-minute replacement computer.

Regardless, I explain to him that the Government requires I be very thorough in my justifications, but yes, I will stay to get it done and I am processing his request right now.

He asks me, in total seriousness, is it possible for this to get done sooner?

I ask him, "sooner than right now?"

And in total seriousness, he says "yes."

So I tell him, "No, it is not possible to get something done more quickly than right now. That would involve time travel, of which I am sadly incapable."

Silence.

I have to suck back livid every day of the week, just to stop from strangling somebody.

Sorry about your livid, but that's an awesome story. Some people wander through life never knowing how lucky they are we don't have to compete with another animal for top of the food chain. Especially some kind of quadruped that knows how to laser cut a 40mm base!

SA Livid: Fearsome, Frenzy, Immune to all magic tomes, and Mighty only when in base to base contact with any model on a different sized base.

SA Livid: Fearsome, Frenzy, Immune to all magic tomes, and Mighty only when in base to base contact with any model on a different sized base.

Well drafted. :rolleyes:

. . . any model on a mis-sized base.

Warlord should've always used round bases.

I said it years ago, but was out-voted. You can play Warlord with round bases anytime. Any base to base contact is valid.