Sign in to follow this  
psyberwolfe1

Warlord demo last night

Last night I did my first demo here in Austin. Taught two guys how to play and one baught the base rulebook. He was especially excited about playing when I told him to proxy his Confrontation figures. The highlight of the evening was when the Witch Queen's familiar was engaged by two dwarves and all four attacks missed at which point the familiar stabbed the wounded dwarf in the face and then disengaged from melee.

The lowest melee model on the table regularly makes huge melee contributions in our gaming. Those lucky 10 rolls just seem to always show up on archers' defensive strikes.

One of Warlord's best selling points to any prospective player is that they can use almost every model they own in a game amongst friends.

It may not be an open construction system, but there's enough data cards to go around!!

One of Warlord's best selling points to any prospective player is that they can use almost every model they own in a game amongst friends.

It may not be an open construction system, but there's enough data cards to go around!!

It's why I maintain that mercs are the best starter factions. From mercs you can quickly branch out into other factions.