Sign in to follow this  
joshuaslater

Pit Fighters

Multi thread really. Now that Argonox is back in the online store, and his data card is a non-unique Elite, has anyone constructed a Pit Fighter/Gladiator themed Warlord force?

With the Mercs, and the high number of models in the Reaper catalog that are fitting the description, I think it would be possible.

Reaper's done some great models for this in their range, but I'd like to see another sculpt or two.

Cant say that I would expect to see that, at least from the point of view of doing it as part of the Merc army using a Change of Heart. When you field a Merc army with that doctrine, usually you are going to use the ability to pull in models that help shore up a deficiancy, like flyers, burrowers, or SA specialty model, not just a model cause it looks cool.

Now, having said that, you could see someone do it from say an all proxy army, just to have the models fit the theme you are looking for.

'Don't need the change of heart doctrine. They're in the Mercs force list already!!

You've got to run sometimes with an army just 'cause the models are cool.

Now maybe the Samurai guys, the Minotaurs, or the Dark Dwarves get more attention because they have better models, but the Argonox pit fighter/gladiator I think may be overlooked.

I'll have to put it on the burner and stir this.

well, i guess when i think pit fighter style, i think of the overlord elites and then reptus has a couple as well. For whatever reason my brain associated ARgonox with Overlords.

Ain't no thing, as they've got the one individual, can't remember his name.

I've been dreaming up army lists like crazy lately. I have to paint up my force, but I'm finally ready to actually play the game again!!

Cheers.

Honestly There are better choices in the Merc list than Argonax. Mika comes to mind as my favorite melee elite. For his points Ronin or Minotaurs seem better.

well, i guess when i think pit fighter style, i think of the overlord elites and then reptus has a couple as well. For whatever reason my brain associated ARgonox with Overlords.

Because one of the Bondslave Survivor models - Palinus - was Argonox repurposed.