Painting book ideas?

Vaitalla

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, I'm kinda noo here, but would there be anything wrong with publishing this as a PDF?  Put it on CD's to sell at the FLGS, but offer the files over the web.  Then folks could print it at home with whatever quality paper they wanted, or take it to Kinko's for really nice paper - even get it holepunched and/or laminated.  I think taking the paper publishing costs out of this would make it a lot easier to get done.  Also, it would make it a lot easier to update the thing as new material becomes available - just issue a 'patch' just like other software.  Maybe Reaper could get a good deal on some nice binders to hold the home-printed pages... is this sort of thing agreeable?

also bear in mind the overseas customers....i think people that arent in the USA would prefer a book because like reaper paints they would likely not be available here (when i say 'here' i mean mail ordered from something 200 miles away...) except by shipping from the USA. :glare:

with that in mind paying for international postage every 3 months for, say a 10 part sheet thing, is going to be much more expensive postage when combined wise than a single book

theres no reason why a thing in book format cant be put in pdf anyway :upside:

but you wouldn't just be pressuring Anne.

Ron has to approve it, and Ivy has to lay it out, and Talin would have to art it up, and Anne would have to do her bits, and then the other contributors would have to do their thing.

this idea may not have even been accepted by the R.H.M.M.*

remember Anne started this thread with

Okay, so, understand that this is probably aeons away, if we ever do it, BUT...

take a deep breath, and slow down there gang.

cbs

*(Reaper High Mucky-Mucks™)

Edited by ladystorm

remember Anne started this thread with
Okay, so, understand that this is probably aeons away, if we ever do it, BUT...

take a deep breath, and slow down there gang.

Ok, ok. We know. :D It's just hard not to get excited.

Besides, Anne should know better... If you pull the pin on a grenade and throw it, you should expect it to go BANG!!! :D :P ;)