Pinning trouble

Krolik1519

Let us know when you slip and jam the drill bit into your thumb, especially under the nail, and bleed profusely.

Then you've passed your initiation and you're in the club. ik_birthday.gif

When this happens (you notice I didnt say IF), remember that superglue was first invented to help close battlefield wounds. Plus it has the advantage of letting you continue without a bandage in the way of your work. laugh.gif

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When this happens (you notice I didnt say IF), remember that superglue was first invented to help close battlefield wounds. Plus it has the advantage of letting you continue without a bandage in the way of your work. laugh.gif

Yes but also remember the CA glue we use isn't medical grade. So you will be taking your chances with infection.

Honestly I get this problem more with the crappy Excel bits, GW bits and dull bits then I do with new sharp bits bought from my local train store.

I really like my Excel pin vise (with the free-spinning hex shaped palm end, but I did used to have this hapen oce in a while with the bits that came with it. Not so much since I got some new ones.

Kang

You can also try a pilot hole, first hole smaller then you need, but go slow, let the bit do the work, use lubrication, buy good bits, and keep them sharp. Lastly, use a pair of needle nose vise gripes to hold the part, being careful not to mar the pewter, the advantage is you can lock them with a specific amount of force, and then concentrate on the getting the gold straight without binding.