I'm in a class! What do I bring with me??

hugdctr

What should I bring with me? do people come with backpacks full of their paint? (Lol) Just kidding, but really, I guess I should bring my own brushes and a stand to hold the figure I am painting. What Else besides lots of chocolate to feed the teachers with? Thanks, Robert

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The classes will provide paints, water cups, lighting, etc..

Usually they will also provide a mini so that you can practice on the same one that the teacher is demonstrating on.

But, yes you will need to bring your brushes and whatever other items you need to paint with.

I suggest bringing:

• A pen or pencil
  • Paper or a notebook
  • a good brush (#0 or #1 for most classes)
  • a mini appropriate to the class (in case the class is lecture/demonstration only and you want to follow along)
  • a few (3-4) favorite paints appropriate to your mini and the class (just in case)

Ron

I suggest bringing:

• A pen or pencil
  • Paper or a notebook
  • a good brush (#0 or #1 for most classes)
  • a mini appropriate to the class (in case the class is lecture/demonstration only and you want to follow along)
  • a few (3-4) favorite paints appropriate to your mini and the class (just in case)

Ron

Come rested, and come with an idea of what you hope to learn.

Also, I like chipotle burritos.

• Artists

A stand to hold the figure is an excellent idea. I used to grab Pro Paint pots for everyone, but now that those are discontinued I have to decide if I have enough space to cart some along for people in my classes. Even if I do, if you have a preferred holder that you use that you can bring along, I'm sure that would work better for you.

Definitely bring some of your painted work to show - but also minis you have questions about or need help with. I always make time in class to talk with people and we can all share and learn. Not to mention all the people at the con, instructors and attendees, who are willing to help as well!