Sign in to follow this  
Reaperbryan

RPGs and Board Games at ReaperCon 2011

I'm almost done with the Games and Events schedule for ReaperCon, and I have a few available spaces. Rather than tax our Game Masters more, I'm going to offer those seats for groups interested in hosting their own RPG event, or possibly playing a board game, drawing in coloring books, or whatever.

Here's the open tables I have, if you want one of them, "dibs" it here in this thread, and I'll try to reserve it for you to run a game. If you can dibs it by Monday the 2nd, I can even get it in the program guide for you. Haldir - If you want one (as you do every year!wink.gif) now's your chance.

These tables are free for you and your group, and like the other RPG activities we run, we will not be charging tickets for seating at them by other attendees. Yes, We're offering free timeslots for you to run games, or free seats for you to play.

((Side note - GMs, feel free to advertise your events in new threads on this forum!))

OK:

Thursday:

1 table 10am-2pm

1 table 2pm-6pm

1 table 6pm-10pm

Friday:

1 table 10am-2p

1 table 2pm-6pm [Haldir]

1 table 7pm-11pm [Katie G]

1 table 7pm-11pm [Haldir]

Saturday

1 table 10am-2pm [bK Bass]

2 tables 8pm-midnight

Sunday

1 table 10am-2pm [CBP, etc.]

That's it! 10 total tables free for use. I'll lock this thread once they're all spoken for, or once the program guide is off to press.

I posted earlier this year about doing a Pathfinder game of "Hungry are the Dead" at RCon this year. If anyone is interested in it I'd love to GM it. I just wasn't sure with the 2 Pathfinder Society games going (Hungry is not a Society event). Of course the game will be modified to fit into the time slot or at least I'll try to fit most of the game in.

I'd like to claim this table:

Friday 2pm-6pm

Also since I'm posting this with experience. If there are open slots & no one claims them I'd like a extra table to finish up the game. We ran long last RCon but was able to finish it up due to a the "game room" wasn't being used at the time & it really made a difference in the experience the player got from my game. If not then oh well.

thanks for posting, Bryan

Randy M

Well, I'd planned on unloading a pile of Dungeons and Dragons coloring books on some table at some point... along with some crayons... although, in truth, I was thinkin' about all the tykes I saw last year. But any adults wanting to make use of'm, feel free!

Matt will take the Sunday slot. He's thinking a board game-perhaps zombies. Maybe just 4 hours of rotating board games. We'll firm up in the next exactly what he's bringing and advertise it here. THANKS!

Well, I'd planned on unloading a pile of Dungeons and Dragons coloring books on some table at some point... along with some crayons... although, in truth, I was thinkin' about all the tykes I saw last year. But any adults wanting to make use of'm, feel free!

I can certainly add that to the schedule. Saturday we tend to have more tykes than other days. want one of the tables then for "Dr. Bedlam's Coloring Extravaganza"? Or more than 1 table, say.. one Thursday, one Sat?

How about a game of Ascension Friday night that 7-11 slot? If there's any interest I can bring my game, as I don't get a chance to play it much at home...

Hey Bryan,

Wedge and I would like to lock down the 10am - 2pm table for Sat, for a game of Chronicles of the Void.

Also I know how insanely busy you are at Reaper Con but if there is anyway you could join us and play in that game we would LOVE feed back from someone with so much pen and paper RPG experience under their belt!

Hey Bryan,

Wedge and I would like to lock down the 10am - 2pm table for Sat, for a game of Chronicles of the Void.

Also I know how insanely busy you are at Reaper Con but if there is anyway you could join us and play in that game we would LOVE feed back from someone with so much pen and paper RPG experience under their belt!

:( Saturday morning is my absolute busiest time.

I'll try to stop by and take a gander, though!

Also since I'm posting this with experience. If there are open slots & no one claims them I'd like a extra table to finish up the game. We ran long last RCon but was able to finish it up due to a the "game room" wasn't being used at the time & it really made a difference in the experience the player got from my game. If not then oh well.

thanks for posting, Bryan

Randy M

If you want that second table to run last year's STUNNING CONCLUSION!, reserve it now. They're free to claim, the "cost" is that you have to claim it now.

I can certainly add that to the schedule. Saturday we tend to have more tykes than other days. want one of the tables then for "Dr. Bedlam's Coloring Extravaganza"? Or more than 1 table, say.. one Thursday, one Sat?

I dunno as I wanna lock down a table that could not then be used for gaming. I'd simply planned on abandoning the books with a sign on them that said "STEAL ME PLEASE: ONE PER CUSTOMER," and then simply sitting back at a safe distance and watching the fun. The kids would likely be just as happy working on any flat surface.

Ok then

I'll take that last slot for Friday. Figure make it one long session that day

Besides it's the UNDEAD!!!! :zombie:

thanks

RM

Just make the Friday 2-6 Part 1 & 7-11 Part 2 if you can.

(timidly raises hand) Can i color too? 2D artwork is just as much fun as 3D! Will crayons be provided, or should I bring my own?

(timidly raises hand) Can i color too? 2D artwork is just as much fun as 3D! Will crayons be provided, or should I bring my own?

I have several boxes of cheap crayons I'd planned on abandoning with the coloring books. Note that these boxes contain new crayons, but only twelve or so colors. Us teachers is indulgent, but underpaid.

I figured SOME grownups would be interested. They're vintage D&D coloring books, after all.

post-216-13041719549985_thumb.jpg

Hm. You know, my wife's been trying to get that stain off the arm of that chair for days now. It just now occurred to me it's not a stain... it's the shadow of the Starship Enterprise, hanging between the overhead light and the chair...

I'm not sure what my schedule will be at RC 2011 but I will have a few pickup games with me at all times so when I have 3+ players and the mood strikes we can bust out some fun.

>>ReaperWolf

Okay, Sunday will be Arkham Horror with Matt. He'll bring the game down so folks who enjoy Lovecraft, board games, Fantasy Flight, cooperative play, or a combination of the above can have a little extra fun!