Brush(es) carrier

haldir

Any recommendations? Usually I just bundle my brushes up with a rubber band & with the plastic caps still on I toss them into my bag.

Looking for better but still compact travel solutions.

thanks

RM

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a little Plano Stowaway plastic box that has a section big enough for 4-5 brushes and one big enough for 4 MSP dropper bottles. I secure the brushes with a big wad of poster tack. I've taken numerous trips via plane and car, and the brushes have never been damaged.

Ron

I use a 2" square metal bit with Mordheim building sprue glued along opposite edges. It works well and keeps things from sliding around. For transport, I just put it all under the foam in a pistol case.

I used to use this:

Paintrack-Top.jpg

...but I don't any more because the brushes kept falling out when I'd bump them. She still holds my spares though.

• Like 1

• Artists

I used to use the Art Bin one that Angorak listed, but it was a little too long and wide to be convenient with the messenger bag or backpack I'm usually carrying the rest of my crap in. Now I use something like the one Doug linked. I cut it down a bit since we use shorter brushes than a lot of travelling artists.

I don't like the bamboo roller because my brushes kept falling out the ends.

I have a cheap pencil case. I made foamcore sheets to fit and put excess army transport foam at the ends with slots for the brushes. 2 of these are tall enough that the foam gets squished and nothing moves around.

Again all great ideas

I think one reason why I never got a bamboo roller was due to the reason Rastl mentioned, they fall out the end.

I'll take a look at Walmart (pretty sure I'll have to go up there before RCon) & see what they got. I want something compact & the Plano, toothbrush holder, pencil box, etc etc can all be had there.

Again thanks for the suggestions.

Again all great ideas

I think one reason why I never got a bamboo roller was due to the reason Rastl mentioned, they fall out the end.

I'll take a look at Walmart (pretty sure I'll have to go up there before RCon) & see what they got. I want something compact & the Plano, toothbrush holder, pencil box, etc etc can all be had there.

Again thanks for the suggestions.

I have one of each of the bamboo roll up things. I like the one with the pockets best because the brushes dont fall out as easily. If you have a Hobby Lobby or similar try that. I got at least one of my bamboo holders there. And they have other options too. I doubt you will have much luck at Wall Mart, unless the one you go to has a much better craft section than the ones here. They do tend to have Plano cases though.