Sign in to follow this  
joshuaslater

Zombie Proof House.

She must be a rare woman if she understands the need to prepare for the ZA. This is the coolest thing I've seen all week. I applaud you sir.

Hell, I'd settle for a front door that didn't have a glass panel in it.

That being said, I'd (a) want something that didn't quite stand out so much -- I suspect any biker gangs and postapocalypse mohawk weirdos would be most interested in a giant unmarked concrete cube sitting out in the open like that, and (b) I won't live in a place without at least two ways in and out.

That reminds me of Burt and his wife in the Tremors movie!!

They were pretty well stocked up for just about any contingency, but it's never what you expect, right? :zombie:

They didn't really reveal that many details. Who knows what kind of emergency exits have been built into the dwelling. If you have the money to build that concrete block then I'm sure you have enough to build the secret underground passage (concrete lined) leading to the secret second garage (hopefully exiting inside a hidden cave with a pop up roadblock out front) for the APC.

Only way that would be 100% secure was if there was an idiot detector at the front door, BEFORE the zombie apocalypse ....

The day someone develops a functional idiot detector, let me know.

Then again, don't. It might put me out of a job.

Thanks for posting this. Zombies are a favorite topic of discussion by my DM. He's going to get a kick out of this.

Tho I gotta ask, how are the shields going to function when the power inevitably goes out? Or is the house solar powered? Details, details....

~M

Ever noticed how the power never seems to go out in zombie movies / games? Coal power stations need daily deliveries of coal AFAIK. The first thing you'll know of the zombies is all the lights will go out.

I do think that house seemed to lack passive defences, backup power, and a reasonable, say 1-2 month, water supply.

The power went out in 28 Days Later. Everything went out in that movie!!!

It's one of my favorites in the whole genre.

I too would like details on the power supply and water, etc; the link doesn't provide much of any information, but the coolness factor is there for me.

Search Fu, activate:

http://www.designswan.com/archives/incredible-safe-house-with-movable-wall-by-kwk-promes.html

The power went out in 28 Days Later. Everything went out in that movie!!!

It's one of my favorites in the whole genre.

I too would like details on the power supply and water, etc; the link doesn't provide much of any information, but the coolness factor is there for me.

Search Fu, activate:

http://www.designswan.com/archives/incredible-safe-house-with-movable-wall-by-kwk-promes.html

They stated the walls open and close via electric motors. You better have some solar panels on top of that bad boy, or it won't matter much. You'll have the most awesome wide open fortress in all of the land! :lol:

And you better build on top of an Artesian well so that you basically never run out of water either. Oh, and maybe a septic tank for each drain with a HUGE supply of RidX. :lol:

Just realize that there is a lot of information on this place that I'm sure they don't want to release. It is suppose to be fortress like after all.