Trying to get back in te mood :d

Roadkill

Another suggestions might be to post some of your work where other people can see it.  Like the Show Off board right here.

Nothing inspires more that constructive criticism and compliments.

What you need, Roadkill (and you too Aryanun) is positive reenforcement.

Post your work, listen to your props and see if that doesn't get you to wanna pick up a brush again.

It's difficult when the broken one was the first one I've finished in 13 years. I've posted bad scans of that one because it doesn't seem to like having pictures taken of it.

Blah.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, I think I've burned myself out on painting.. I havent touched a brush since Gen-Con...

golly, need you say more.

folks what he isn't telling you is he spent his entire (right?) GenCon painting orcs for Reaper's Warlord demos and games.

things happened (no blame allowed) and several of us ended up painting like mad to get the troops needed done for the demos and games.

Roadkill, darling soul he is, did nothing else, everytime you turned around he was painting.

I can understand that burnout.  I've paced myself back into painting since then.

So Roadkill, here's the incentive.  I dare you.  Pick any mini, I'll do it too.  I'm guessing it won't be an orc. :;):   It isn't a race, heck if we can bust out 30 in a sitting, we know we can paint quickly.  So say take the month and November we paint together.

Is it a dare or a date? :upside:

cbs

It's a date baby  :blues:

the mini I choose is a CAV, The Butcher.

Would you be oppesed to me sending it to ya once completed so they can be photographed side by side?

whenever a Camera is involved I seem to have way more than just two thumbs... long story.

And Mike, I've done the Assassin Conversion, and I Ripped Off Ron's "Super Warlord"  I currently have a Tau, Necron, and Ravenwing Army staring back at me from a shelving unit.. all half painted. the Warlord Templar Army I bought at gencon is still in the blisters...

But i have a Date with a Butcher tonight... that sounded bad  :upside:

thanks to everyone for all the advice!!!  

MOTIVATION is the key term I'd say.  If you're planning on painting the Butcher, start developing some incentive and desire for WHY you want to paint him.  Perhaps you have some special plans for The Butcher at an upcoming event, or it'll be the lead model for the highest ranking officer in your army of CAV's.  Whatever works.

It's one model, take your time, do a little here and a little there if you need to.  Works of art don't necessarily get done overnight.

Sometimes the motivation comes from knowing that your time isn't being wasted.  It's one thing to paint for the love of painting but it's another thing when you don't have a clear reason for doing it.  

Set a goal and remember... MOTIVATION!!!

Good Luck

Would you be oppesed to me sending it to ya once completed so they can be photographed side by side?

Butcher it is.

sure, I'll photograph them together, no problem.

I just pulled the blister pack out and set it on my paint table.  Tomorrow I'll clean her up and get her assembled and primed.

You know she'll have flowers, she has to, I'm painting her.  oh, maybe a butterfly.... :;):

it'll be fun, like it should be, and a nice break for me too, I've got 40-ish CAV to paint for UNY-Con on the 14th.

happy painting.

cbs :blush:

Butcher it is.

sure, I'll photograph them together, no problem.

I just pulled the blister pack out and set it on my paint table.  Tomorrow I'll clean her up and get her assembled and primed.

You know she'll have flowers, she has to, I'm painting her.  oh, maybe a butterfly.... :;):

it'll be fun, like it should be, and a nice break for me too, I've got 40-ish CAV to paint for UNY-Con on the 14th.

happy painting.

cbs :blush:

I have just completed the butcher..  oooo pillow is calling..

Assembled, Filed, primed, painted (16 colors) and flocked...

and I must say, it might just be the best one I've ever done. :oh:

I have just completed the butcher..

Assembled, Filed, primed, painted (16 colors) and flocked...

and I must say, it might just be the best one I've ever done. :oh:

wow.  I'm waiting for primer to dry.

I have her cleaned and assembled, even filled inthe base.

The little is sleeping late so I have some extra Me time.  I'll likely have a base coat done, if I don't sit here too long, before he stirs.

You know what you ought to do...

Enter it into the paint contest.  

Seriously, there is a big lack of CAV in the contest, we need to remedy that.  You ought to.  I'm planning on it.

send it over, I'll get pictures for you.  think about it.

cbs :upside: