Trying to get back in te mood :d

Roadkill

Hi there

Dont worry, you are not alone!

I have also been going through abit of a low period and it is hard trying to find that buzz again. i have been painting for 15 years and have had many of these artist blocks, dont worry they do end.

This is a hobby and there is a life beyond.

Take your time chill out, watch some good fantasy movies and ride the storm, it does end!

Lee :)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

o my god that was abig mistake !!!! :unsure:

Hi there Whizard

How you been?

I have been on the move my friend and have only really just settled. good to be back and look forward to seeing all your fab painting .

Lee

Cant spell ahhhhhhhhhhh please forgive my paintings a little better :wacko:

I think part of the problem I run into is that there are so many projects I want to work on. I started painting for my and my friends D&D campaigns. Now I am really looking into miniature wargames, either Warhammer, Mordheim, LOTR ect. Then there are the dioramas I wish to build. There seems to be no end of what I would like to do but very little time to do them. I wish I could settle down on an idea and finish it. Anyone else have the same problem?

Decado

Nah, you're the same as me, Decado. I've got so many half-painted figs, half-built armor models, even a 1/350 scale USS Enterprise that's been half-done for over a decade now (the carrier, not the starship). I think I get just so far, then I'm afraid to keep going 'cause I'll mess up. Or I get bored and wander off to the next project. Anybody figures out a cure for this, please post it!

I still have no idea how to do that.  The move/prune stuff is really scary.

hmmmm someone make sure lanse never gets admin powers in case he blows up the board :P

Too late. :P

Thanks for moving this, ladystorm. It was bugging me where it was but I didn't want to bother over-busy Kit with it.

Still working on that blockage myself. I think I'll clean up the area this weekend, maybe even tonight, and rearrange things. I think I need to stop worrying so much about what all I *need* to get done and just do it so I can get back to concentrating on painting. :D

Thanks for moving this, ladystorm. It was bugging me where it was but I didn't want to bother over-busy Kit with it.

Why would it bug you? it's just a harmless little post :D unless youre one of those "everything must be in order" type of ppl

But the butcher should be in the mail tomorrow.

and I've been making a point to do SOMETHING each night after work.. some nights I can't wait to get into the "dungeon" and get to it. been working on a few GW mini's and i've got 5 more cavs in the same vein as the butcher.. so it looks like I'm getting back into it. :bday:

Actually, it's because I'm anal and everything needs to be in its place. Unless I'm at home. Even then, when I'm painting I prefer everything to be in a certain place in a certain way so I can find it.

We just need more room for me to organize SD and my stuff.