Gnome and puppy playing in the garden

Anne

Hi, I painted this for commission recently. I did some minor converting of the sword into a wand and added some potions, since the player character is an alchemist, and also added a bulldog pup, from one of the Reaper familiar packs. I photographed him in the garden, hope you like them! ::):

post-5528-13046123056903_thumb.jpg

post-5528-13046123184303_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice! Good subtle conversions. I like the vibrancy of the spell effect and the flasks/pots, as well as the nice tawny/olive skin tone and his bright-eyed expression.

The pug is good in helping to relate the small scale of this guy and it adds to the whimsy of the piece. (Pugs just aren't serious animals.) It looks a little washed out, though, and could have gotten some darker shadows, given your deep shading on the jacket and pants.

Keep up the good work,

Derek

Thanks very much everyone! ::): Darkmeer, the shadowy area in the red has some reaper crimson red in there too along with some black. Frothtastic eh? Not sure what it means but it sounds good to me ::D: Thanks for the good advice Derek, very cool sculpt by the way, I'm always a bit hesitant to go too dark with shadows, I'll give it a shot on my next ones ::):

Very nice work.

I'm not sure I can tell if the two red colors on the coat are a pattern or the shadows, however, this is still a really fun piece of work.

I like the expression very much and your conversion work is really terrific!

thank you for showing!

pez :zombie: